Business Controller - Chennai, TN
In December 2017, ABB and SNC-Lavalin signed an agreement to form Linxon, a joint-venture company for the execution of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) projects for electrical substations.
Linxon combines ABB’s deep technological knowledge and SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise to create a company dedicated to substations, delivering sustainable energy solutions and acting as a true partner to facilitate the digital transformation for those who depend on consistent reliability.
Business Controller for our India Engineering Legal Entity is responsible for the entire financial management including operational accounting, financial reporting, planning, forecasting, cash management, insurance, taxes, all local statutory compliances including Corporate, internal/external audits and real estate
• Responsible for all financial matters of the Engineering legal entity.
• Drive a culture of accountability and simplification and be part of global harmonization, act as a strategic business partner to the business/ operations.
• Responsible for the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial results of the legal entity.
• Obtain a comprehensive understanding necessary for future planning, analysis and reporting.
• Produce annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, estimates and other reports requested by corporate finance.
• Responsible for the daily cash management of the legal entity
• Responsible for the coordination of relocation and facility management of the office space (real estate strategy)
• Responsible for the internal controls and authorization process for all accounting activities.
• Establish an efficient process around billing, AR, AP, expense claims and payroll with shared service providers
• Prepare accounting entries, financial statements and banking statements
• Ensure compliance with company procedures and other related processes as enshrined by Central Bank RBI / FEMA.
• Ensure direct and indirect taxes compliances end to end from operational Returns to final Assessments.
Knowledge & Skill
• Knowledge of Services Business, preferably technical/ engineering related.
• Good analytical decision-making and problem solving skills as well as ability to quickly adapt to changing situations and work under pressure
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CA or CMA would be an asset.
• Understanding of the India Accounting Standards, relevant local Tax issues and local statutory/ corporate compliances.
• Minimum of five (5) years of accounting experience in a services business environment
• Autonomy, rigor, ethics, flexibility, adaptability, persuasiveness
• Proficiency in Office Suite is must.
• Experience working with SAP ERP an asset
• Experience working with Oracle or Accpac is an asset
• Experience working with Oracle Hyperion an asset
Fluent in English is a must