Business Development Coordinator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Roads, Bridges and Ports team provides multidisciplinary design and project management services to a diverse portfolio of private and public sector clients in British Columbia and across Canada. To support the team’s leadership and foster continued growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Coordinator to help identify, lead and participate in strategic growth, business development, and marketing initiatives from our Vancouver office. The team’s focus is on the transportation and infrastructure sector, for work mainly in British Columbia and Western Canada. The ideal candidate will have a broad base of marketing, business development, and proposal generation experience and will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to grow.
Working alongside technical experts, project delivery and operations staff, and functional departments, the Business Development Coordinator’s main responsibility is to support business development, strategy and marketing for the Roads, Bridges and Ports team. These responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and execute lead generation activities including client visits, presentations, calls, emails, networking events, client mixers, exhibitions, etc.
- Support planning, development and management of new and sustaining client accounts
- Support preparation and execution of strategic plan, based on team and corporate goals, that systematically sets targets and plans for securing new clients and relevant projects
- Effectively manage and lead the development, design, approval, production, and distribution of marketing materials and sales materials in line with brand guidelines and team requirements
- Support cross-sector marketing and business development activities as needed
- Partner with technical experts and management to ensure their marketing and business development support needs are met and maintained
In executing their responsibilities, the Business Development Coordinator will:
- Organize meetings, alongside the appropriate technical and leadership personnel as required, and meet with prospective clients and leads (conference call, web meeting or face-to-face)
- Help evaluate the competitive landscape and identify greatest opportunities for growth
- Enter prospects, leads and opportunities into the CRM system, and ensure follow-up to update entries with project information and current business intelligence
- Capture, evaluate and distribute to relevant team members client document relating to Requests for Qualifications, Requests for Inquiries, Requests for Proposals, etc.
- Lead and/or actively participate in the preparation of responses to client requests, and work with the shared service proposal team and technical experts to develop high-quality submissions
- Develop and contribute content to the proposal library, to ensure high-quality of information and improve response time for business development opportunities and proposal responses.
- When required, coordinate printing, assembly, binding, and delivery of proposals.
- Assist and lead in preparation of resumes, Project Fact Sheets, brochures, presentations, tradeshow and conference materials, and other related marketing and sales materials.
- Support development of social media content in coordination with Sector Communication Lead
- Help identify, coordinate and seek approvals for charitable donation, sponsorship, conference and tradeshow, and other engagement opportunities that align with team growth plans
- Ensure department compliance with established standard policies and procedures, and help set up and improve workflow processes when and where needed.
Experience and Required Qualifications
- University degree in business, communications, marketing, or related field, or combination of education and relevant experience
- 5 years relevant experience, preferably in engineering, consulting, and/or construction sectors
- Sales and business development experience
- Excellent knowledge with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Multilingual language skills considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driver’s license required, and willingness and ability to travel on short-term
- Hands-on experience with SharePoint; comfortable with web-based tools and collaboration technologies, as well as social media
- Excellent organization skills, and capacity to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive problem solving and collaborative approach.
- Business management, ability to establish and maintain client relationships, strategic thinking
- Experience in the transportation and infrastructure sector is an asset
- Experience in copywriting and graphic design is an asset
- Client oriented, results driven, proactive, and able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Detail and solutions-oriented, professional, dynamic, high energy, team player keen to collaborate and engage in tactical execution of a comprehensive business growth plan
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in cross-cultural and diverse teams, relating to and working with a wide variety of clients and stakeholders
- Flexible, change embracing in rapidly evolving work and market environment
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.