Business Development Director - Canada West
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
Reporting to the Vice-President Business Development Americas, the Business Development Director will take full responsibility and accountability for the marketing and sales function within the SNC Lavalin Western Canada Oil & Gas Business Unit (BU). This includes identification of high-potential prospective clients, project targets, delivering the required Order Intake, and acting as a liaison with the Oil & Gas Business Unit management team. In addition, the Business Development Director will ensure that the local Business Development team is properly equipped with sufficient skills and resources so that new and existing client relationships are established and maintained. The Business Development Director will use SNC Lavalin Business Development processes to develop and execute a Business Development strategy that will allow SNC Lavalin to properly engage in gathering market intelligence, developing pricing and budget knowledge, establishing local network support, conducting bid-no-bid reviews, participating in pre-qualifications, oversee bidding activity, perform bid submissions, review pricing and market intelligence feedback, and winning / closing of orders. Together with the local Operations Director(s) and Business Unit management team, the Business Development Director will lead the development of the country annual budget each year. Business Unit budgets will be assembled initially at a country level and will then be consolidated at the regional level. The overall regional budget will then be developed and analyzed by region and by country.
The Business Development Director will develop a comprehensive knowledge base of clients and market conditions within the region and will help to formulate marketing and sales policies and objectives for the company for approval by the Americas Business Development Vice President, and Global Business Development Senior Vice President, with an objective of expanding the company’s operations in Engineering & Procurement Services, Construction, and Commissioning & Completions Services.
Develop own personal scorecard of KPI measures that can be committed to and that support the overall group balanced scorecard.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Deliver sales as per budget for the region
- Preparation of the annual sales budgets for the region
- Ensure there is support from the Business Unit Directors, Construction, and Technical Support Services in developing bids and proposals for new business in the region
- Assists and advises the Business Unit Directors in the formulation of the company's policy on marketing and sales within the region
- Provide and maintain information systems and facilities to ensure up-to-date and reliable information about current and anticipated economic conditions pertinent to the company's operations
- Prepare winning pre-qualification submissions and quality technical documents in support of tenders as part of the proposal teams
- Confirm, establish and carry into effect appropriate activities for: The assessment of markets and potential markets. The preparation of all promotional and advertising programmes and promotional and sales literature
- Maintain close consultation with the Business Unit Directors in relation to the range and quality of services being marketed by the company and in regard to possible future additions and changes to this range
- In conjunction with the Regional Business Development Vice President & Global Senior Vice President, and the local Business Unit Directors, lead an agreed-on combined sales programme based on an approved budget
- Ensure that suitable records are maintained to provide continuous data about the progress of the company's sales programmes
- Maintain close liaison with clients on successful and unsuccessful quotes and report on these
- Utilise to the full, whatever advertising is allowed by the client on site
- Ensure that accurate and up-to-date information is available on the scale of activities and operations of the company's main competitors
- Maintain constant attention to policy and customers reactions to the company's service
- Submit to the Regional Business Development Vice President regular timing of turnover reports on current conditions and evaluate the progress of sales in relation to targets and objectives
- Maintain constant supervision of sales, advertising and promotional expenditure and its customers
- Establish and maintain good working relations between the company and its customers
- Report on all opportunities and the follow up action taken on these
- In conjunction with the Regional Business Development Vice President & Global Senior Vice President, and the local Business Unit Directors, agree risk levels for projects at bid stage and participate in Risk Reviews as defined within the Information Management System
What will you contribute?
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Extensive work experience in a project construction and engineering background
- 10 years work experience in the field of Business Development (various countries/at Senior Manager/Director level)
- Knowledge of international clients
- Knowledge of local market in Alberta and British Columbia
- Company’s specific engineering & construction knowledge
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Relationship building skills
- Strategic, business development and leadership skills
- Networking skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Selling skills
- Communication skills
- MS Office Skills
- Willing to travel
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
- A safe and healthy work environment
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com