Business Development Industrial Year Placement Scheme (2020)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As a Business Development placement student you will help to support and deliver the technical aspects of a variety of multidisciplinary designs across a range of challenging and exciting projects in the UK and internationally. We operate across a range of markets including Cities & Development, Energy, Environment & Geoscience, Transportation and Water.
As transport infrastructure experience’s unprecedented investment, join us in Business Development and help us to shape the future of transport. Building an integrated and sustainable transport network fit for the 21st century is what we do. We connect people and places to drive economic growth and to enrich lives. Our people know that what we do in a day can have benefits that last for generations. From smart motorways, city metros, high-speed rail and driverless cars, we shape the future of transport infrastructure around the globe and keep the world moving forward.
Bright sparks. Ingenious solutions. We’re one of the most respected consultancies in the world. With the Atkins placement scheme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
Industrial year location: Birmingham or Warrington
Degree requirements: On track to achieve a minimum 2.1 Bachelor’s or 2.2 Master’s degree in a business or marketing-related qualification. An interest in (though not a technical understanding of) transportation issues would be advantageous.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive individual to support our Business Development Win Work Team within the Transportation division. The Win Work Team is made up of 25 individuals based across the UK and provides a centralised bidding support function to the Transportation business. The team works on large scale bids for transportation projects and is responsible for securing lucrative work for the business.
You’ll be involved in:
• Assisting the Win Work Team in monitoring and maintaining the bid pipeline to track longer-term business opportunities in key client and market sectors so that team can respond accordingly
• Assisting bid managers in preparing must-win bid submissions from pre-qualification questionnaires through to preparing tender documents. Bid work involves close working with colleagues from across the business, including senior staff and directors, which requires excellent communication skills
• Oversee elements of the knowledge management process including collecting and maintaining up-to-date project case studies, exemplar answers, client references and testimonials
• Co-ordinating, maintaining and updating a portfolio of current bidding material stored on a MS SharePoint site
• Creating and understanding business reports in PowerBI to assist Market Directors
What are we looking for?
• Strong interpersonal skills – able to adapt communication style to liaise with colleagues of varying levels of seniority
• Very organised and able to manage time and juggle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
• Be eager to learn and proactive in suggesting potential opportunities for improvements
• Have excellent attention to detail and be committed to producing high quality tenders
• Be computer literate - a good knowledge of MS Office packages is essential
• Have good numerical / analytical skills and be able to present a reasoned argument
• Be able to act in a professional manner regarding commercially sensitive information
What are the benefits and rewards?
When you join us, you’ll be empowered to be the professional you want to be, working on projects you can feel proud of.
Our benefits, to name a few, include:
• dedicated support from your line manager who will create personalized objectives with you, so you can get the most out of your time with us to support you with your studies and beyond
• our top performing placement students have the opportunity to be nominated straight onto our Graduate Development Programme
• a competitive salary
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunity employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our deadline for applications is Monday 6th January 2020. Some of our opportunities are incredibly popular, so to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
NB: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles