Business Development Manager - Raleigh, NC
Job Title: Business Development Manager - Substation Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
Linxon is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager (BDM) to be part of the North America EPC team. The role is focused on development of customer relationships and driving sales with electric utilities, industrial, and rail industry clients for Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contracts for major substations projects ranging from $25MM-$200MM. The BDM will work closely with our North America Front End Sales (FES) and Marketing teams, project managers, proposal managers, and supply chain management teams in Raleigh, NC to grow the EPC business.
You’ll work as part of our EPC team serving large scale utility, industrial, and commercial customers with products and services to help distribute electricity efficiently and reliably, maintain power quality, and control and manage electrical networks.
Typical duties/responsibilities for business development and sales may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proactive Sales: Identify and investigate planned projects far in advance of contract award and work to competitively position our EPC business for key pursuits through contract award, driving to close deals.
- Business Development: Lead, develop and drive account plans for assigned clients in concert with the EPC team, FES and Marketing departments. Proactively seek and utilize market intelligence to align Linxon’s strengths and value propositions with a keen understanding of clients’ needs and goals. Work in collaboration with other Linxon affiliate companies to increase value to clients and to Linxon. Lead pricing strategy, technical positioning, competitor analysis and selling Linxon value for key pursuits.
- Client Interface: Develop and maintain client relationships and identify market opportunities through close customer involvement. Work directly with End-Users to build relationships to improve Linxon’s position in the market and build our sales pipeline. Drive the complete BD/Sales cycle with our clients, from initial lead identification and Go/No-Go assessments through tendering, negotiation, risk review and contract closure.
- Capture Team (CT) Leadership: Lead and participate in Capture Teams where you will drive the sales strategies, value propositions and delivery of messaging throughout the clients’ organizations and within Linxon to win and close deals. You will develop and manage Player Maps, identify target pricing and award criteria, and orchestrate the CT process from initial team setup throughout the full sales cycle.
- Utilize technical experts in sales presentations/discussions to leverage Linxon value. Support the selective bidding process through knowledge of customer needs and Linxon solution fit.
- Prepare sales plans using company tools, including performing regular status reviews, and propose recovery plans in cases of potential order shortfalls. Support monthly sales reporting and manage sales activities via CRM.
- Work in concert with Legal and Tendering teams to ensure appropriate preparation and full compliance with the Linxon processes and policies/guidelines for margin, risk mitigation, and signature approvals.
- Travel within the U.S. at over 50% typically, and as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in sales, tendering/proposals, project management and/or business development experience in the power/utility industries OR
- Master’s degree and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in sales, tendering/proposals, project management and/or business development experience in the power/utility industries.
- Ideally this role could be filled at a more senior level should the candidate meet the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in sales, tendering/proposals, project management and/or business development experience in the power/utility industries OR
- Master’s degree and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in sales, tendering/proposals, project management and/or business development experience in the power/utility industries.
- Basic technical knowledge in substations and related applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- EPC / project and Energy Industries knowledge
- Sales experience in a technical environment
- Customer relationships at management levels
- Project pipeline development, negotiation & closure experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Understanding of Contractual / Legal Terms and Conditions
- Results-focused and driven, team oriented
- Proven Negotiation Skills
To Know more about Linxon, please click on the link below.
Our Latest Articles