Business Development Representative
Join SNC-Lavalin’s Industrial Division and help change the face of manufacturing and infrastructure operations. We are looking for talented and motivated thinkers who want to play a central role in the design, development, and deployment of leading edge advanced industrial control and data management systems. Our growing team in Toronto is in need of an engineer who is willing to execute high profile and technically demanding projects for a range of fortune 500 clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Representative to participate in business development for our Toronto office, mainly in Ontario and Western Canada for the Industrial sector, with the primary focus being on life sciences and agri-food.
- Coordinate and execute lead generation activities including client visits, presentations, calls, emails, exhibitions, etc.
- Support strategic planning and development of new client’s accounts
- Tactical planning and management of sustaining client accounts
- Organize meetings and meet with prospects and leads (conference call, web meeting or face-to-face). Bring the appropriate Technical Expert if applicable
- Ensure follow-up to update prospects, leads and opportunities in the CRM system with information and business intelligence
- Support preparation and execute business development plan, based on corporate goals and planning that systematically sets targets and plans for securing engineering, construction, and automation, validation and compliance projects
- Interface with international resources of SNC-Lavalin to bring superior technology and project execution solutions to customers
- Actively Participate in the preparation of Account Plan, proposals, and answers to RFPs and RFIs
- College degree or equivalent experience in Pharma or Agri-food is an asset
- 5 years related experience, preferably in engineering, process, and/or construction sectors
- Sales and business development experience
- Business management, people skills (ability to establish and maintain client relationships), strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client oriented, autonomous, professional, dynamic, results oriented, team player
- Familiar with FDA regulations, cGMPs
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Driver’s license/car required
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.