Business Lead - Intelligent Mobility and Smart Technologies
We are a growing business unit of scientists, engineers, consultants and technical specialists. We work with emerging technologies catalysed by increasing levels of in-vehicle autonomy and disruption from digital technology. Our projects span a range of innovative and pioneering topics, from digital roads, digital connectivity and driverless cars to smart transport technologies and Mobility as a Service.
The IMST team assists public sector organisations in a wide number of activities, providing ‘whole life’ consultancy across the breadth of a project. Typically, these include:
- High value strategic and technical advice, feasibility and scoping
- Business case development, new business models, requirements capture, specification design and other project inception activities
- Project management during procurement and installation
- Commissioning, calibration and scheme performance evaluation
- Research and development studies
Our team need to look at urban and sector challenges very differently; it’s an exciting journey and we’d love for you to play a lead role.
What you will be doing?
You’ll be driving the high performance of your own small team as well as supporting them to develop diverse and entrepreneurial capabilities.
You’ll be delivering and contributing to our strategy for new business growth in the transformational sector of Intelligent Mobility and Smart Technologies.
Bringing your specific professional skills, expertise and experience into transformational projects, you’ll be an integral part of driving forward an industry-leading change.
You’ll need to have
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, IT or Physics. Other relevant subjects will also be considered
- Membership at the relevant grade, or ability to obtain it, of a relevant professional body
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to develop new and innovative solutions
- Excellent communications skills with a range of stakeholders, including presentations and client meetings
- Maintains excellent and effective networks, both internally and externally
- Excellent project management and delivery skills
- Experienced in bid development
- Proven consultancy experience with great examples of winning and delivering quality projects
- Demonstrable talent and industry presence across one or more Intelligent Mobility and Smart Technologies, such as; Digital roads, connected vehicles and autonomous technologies, Digital connectivity, emerging ITS disruption in the transport sector, human factors, (human centred design) or mobility as a service.
- Evidence of acting as a mentor to graduates or early careers new starters
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.