This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, a member of the SNC Lavalin group, is the leading UK engineering consultancy in transportation and we are seeking a Business Manager to support operational duties within the Transportation UK division.
This role is responsible for:
leading a team of individuals providing high-level executive assistance and administrative support to the Transportation Division. You will oversee the design, management, continuous improvement and effectiveness of the Administration support function within Transportation working in synergy with the Managing Directors Executive Assistant. Conducting personal development reviews providing an opportunity to set goals, motivate and develop the team. The Team supporting the Director of Operations and team in streamlining key business operations and compliance procedures.
This key role will ensure that the OLT and SLT are supported to the highest standard. You will work collaboratively across the division and be a key enabler to the leadership team.
Transportation is a division of circa 3,000 people and in excess of £400m annual turnover, delivering a wide portfolio of projects ranging from strategic advice through to major infrastructure schemes. We aim to be at the heart of this unprecedented period of change investing in innovation and new technology to give us a leading edge for the future. We aim to shape the future of transportation in the UK and this role is right at the heart of achieving this.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Managing the conduct, performance and development of the Administration support function in Transportation, including conducting personal development reviews
- Building a team that can share knowledge and best practice, improving support to the division
- Managing and analysing workload to plan resource to meet both stakeholder and commercial requirements
- Ensuring that the PA and admin team is providing an efficient service/team support
- Promote an attitude of success, having a positive influence on all employees
- Identifying new ways of working and areas for improvement
- Recruitment process – liaise with HR Recruitment/review CVs/Interview candidates to determine if they are a good fit for the business
- Ensure PAs and administrators have the resources to complete their work
- Working in synergy with MDs EA to collate/format data for Business Calendar meeting packs
- Streamline data for key business operations meetings (i.e. Stage Gates, Project Boards)
- Liaising with GDC on business reporting
- Coordinating Compliance processes which include the collation and distribution of Integrity and Safety training report and management information
- Previous experience working as PA/EA at a high level (C-Suite)
- Strong attention to detail with excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Can demonstrate versatility in preparation and collation of a wide range of material for meetings and events, from general correspondence to complex and detailed reports and associated documents
- Ability to draft clear and focused correspondence, minutes, letters and reports
- Excellent at building and maintaining relationships, across all levels in-house (across support functions- Admin, facilities, HR, legal, finance etc.) and externally (clients and EA/PAs), to ensure efficiency around scheduling and information flow as required.
- Advanced computer skills, Outlook (Advanced), Excel (Advanced), Word (Advanced), PowerPoint (Advanced).
- Knowledgeable on how to navigate and operate internal systems (e.g. video conference systems, audio calls, internal tools).
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- A Proactive self-starter with a calm, reliable with the ability to multitask in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- To remain curious and interested in continuous learning and development.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins has been named as one of the top 50 employers for women for 2011. The listing recognises Atkins as an organisation that is committed to making the most of the women in our workforce.
Rewards and Benefits
We believe in looking after our staff. The pressures and pace of modern life mean that we need to take care to give sufficient priority to our health and well-being. With this in mind, we have a generous rewards and benefits scheme including:
- 25 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays + the ability to sell 5 or buy up to 15 days additional leave
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Atkins will match and double employee contributions
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Personal accident cover
- Share incentive plan (after 6 months service)
- Professional fees paid
- Private medical insurance discount
- Income Protection
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24-hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
- Gym and Health Club discounts. Plus a range of discounted rates on holidays and UK attractions and experiences.
- Childcare vouchers
- Give as you earn – charity contributions
- Bike 4 Work Scheme
- Sports and social activities*
*Not available at all locations
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles