Business Performance Student/Intern
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
This position is ideal for a student looking for an introduction into business performance and management in one of the world’s leading engineering and construction companies and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The individual will work alongside Managers and other team members to support financial accounting & reporting, managing financial systems, cost analysis, financial modelling, business analysis, budgeting & forecasting financials, financial & operational metrics analysis as well as building business reports and presentations. SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering projects on budget and on time to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
- The individual shall work to understand, analyze and report upon the engineering services business model, within the Rail & Transit sector as well as overall Infrastructure Engineering division
- Activities can include financial accounting & reporting, managing financial systems, cost analysis, financial modelling, business analysis, budgeting & forecasting financials, financial & operational metrics analysis, building business reports and presentations
- Work closely with management and team members to advise upon decision making and business planning
- Must be currently enrolled in a university business program, engineering program or similar with a co-op/internship term
- Must have a willingness to learn new tools, and have good time management skills
- Previous experience with accounting principles, Excel and potentially other data manipulation, analysis, visualization tools (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau), and exposure to financial database systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP) is an asset
- Must have completed 2nd year – third year and fourth year students preferred
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.