I.SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Buyer is responsible for the procurement of goods and services for various projects and business units. Purchases of goods and services can include moderate complexity, including various quality levels. Complexity of packages is determined by the Procurement Manager assigning the task.
II.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review Purchase Requisition (PR) packages, for goods, services, technical and overhead procurement.
- Query the supplier database or source the market
- Obtain NDA and Export permits when required
- Prepare and obtain approval of Bidders List.
- Prepare, obtain approval and issue RFP packages.
- Evaluate proposals/bids, obtain approved Technical and QA Evaluations from Engineering and Procurement Quality Assurance Representative.
- Finalize all technical and commercial exceptions between Supplier, Legal, QA and Engineering.
- Complete competitive analysis and bid scorecards of proposals/bids.
- Recommend suppliers providing adequate justification for the decision making, ensuring all due diligence measures have been met.
- Ensure all required approvals are obtained in accordance with levels of authority Policy 1009;
- Prepare and issue Purchase Order Sign-off Checklists;
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders.
- Prepare and issue Change Order, ensuring all change control protocols have been met.
- Ensure all Key control records are filed in accordance with company procedures.
- Update purchasing database to ensure all fields are complete and accurate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum 5 years’ Buying experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of a financial system, invoicing, Levels of Authority, Ethics/Compliance/Integrity Controls, Health, Safety & Environment requirements an asset.
- Experience in Quality program standards and processes related to standard/ non-complex Procurement packages is an asset.
- Knowledge of competitive bidding best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills are essential. Must possess a high level of tact, initiative and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and apply mature judgment in an environment of changing and conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills, organizational skills and problem solving.
- Must be a team player.
- Post-Secondary education preferred.
- SCMP Designation an asset.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences