Reporting to the Manager, Procurement and Business Systems the Buyer will be responsible for sourcing a wide variety of technical and non-technical parts, inventory and services within company policies, procedures and governance.
The successful candidate will be part of the BC Government Employees Union (BCGEU).
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Source and negotiate parts from various vendors and subcontractors for operating railway systems.
- Ensure quality and delivery targets are met by vendors and subcontractors.
- Establish blanket contracts and follow up on renewal of the expiring contracts.
- Month end reconciliation of PO’s and Contracts.
- Develop and implement cost reduction plans in conjunction with suppliers, subcontractors, Engineering and other departments.
- Build trust and credibility with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Develop, approve and manage supplier relationships with multi-tiered partner- suppliers.
- Assist with and ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
- Conduct global searches and penetrate new markets for procuring quality parts and services.
- Prepares customs documentation on foreign shipments; Coordinates with broker, vendor, and revenue Canada in information exchange to help resolve problems and expedite delivery.
- Provide procurement services in compliance with all purchasing policies (Bill 198, OHS, ISO9001, ISO14001, Code of Ethics etc.)
- Make timing and quantity purchasing decisions based on General Procurement policy.
- Administration of non-conforming items such as warranty claims with suppliers; contacting supplier/manufacturer to get Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- Maintains accurate, accessible and complete records of contracts in Business Systems.
- Accountable for Supply Agreement / Contract Management Plans to ensure all aspects of the contracts are met.
- Reviews and provides input on scopes of work and drafts RFP documentation and conducts the tender process up to award and implementation.
- Update inventory item master in JDE, review reordering points and issue replenishment PO.
- Maintain suppliers, add parts in Business Systems and prepares documentation.
- Perform buy/repair analysis and assist in automation initiatives to support procurement strategies.
- Control, evaluate and improve vendor performance.
- Coordinate contract terms and conditions, vendor and contractor remuneration, and contract change orders.
- Create, issue and expedite purchase orders, documentation and inspection packages (both internally and externally.)
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure contracts and PO requirements are adhered to on a daily basis.
- Maintain current knowledge of procurement market trends and recommends changes to the purchasing procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and provincial tax legislation related to purchasing with a current knowledge of import and export requirements including customs documentation, duty charges, product classifications and brokerage and transportation regulations and services.
- Assist Accounting Department to reconcile invoices discrepancies and generate KPI.
- Coordinate transportation and logistics in warehouse as required.
- Review received material packages in our warehouse for completeness.
- Ensure all work is completed with safety of paramount concern.
- Conduct inventory cycle counts and period inventory counts.
- On a relief basis, performs the duties of the stores person.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- PMAC/SCMP designation is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business/Engineering or Information Systems.
- 5+ yerars Buyer experience is required.
- Results driven purchasing professional with an engineering background.
- Minimum of 8 to 10- years of experience in railway/transportation/power/utility industry as a Buyer, preferably in e-commerce internet businesses, account management, and/or professional services environments.
- Meticulous, organized, detail-oriented, strong blend of business acumen approach to work and strong technical background.
- Tenacious with the drive to deliver best in class performance.
- Excellent negotiation, strong verbal and written communications, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Effective multi-tasking with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong financial, continuous improvement and market analysis skills.
- Proficient with ERP systems such as Oracle/SAP and Logistics knowledge.
- Proficient in MS Office and SharePoint.
- Successful track record dealing with suppliers, subcontractors, and cost reduction strategies.
- Experience in analyzing terms and conditions.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and on own initiative to meet deadlines within a team environment is paramount.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities, meet deadlines, manage risk, and troubleshoot problems.
- Experience in competitive bidding project execution.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
- Quick learner, detail oriented with strong planning and analytical skills.
- Valid Class 5 unrestricted driver's license.
- Forklift license is an asset.
- A combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Hourly Rate of Pay
$36.72 / hour
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs