CAD BIM Coordinator
Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Exton, PA and working on Industrial and Manufacturing projects this position is a key member of the Engineering team.
As a CAD BIM Coordinator in SNC-Lavalin’s Engineering department and reporting to the Manager of HVAC & Building Services, you will work on CAD/BIM Coordination responsibilities in addition to functioning as a Designer producing drawing deliverables. You will train new Engineers and Designers on how to utilize Revit and AutoCAD. In addition, you will establish standards for projects working in Revit/AutoCAD and other software.
What will be your contribution?
- Provide leadership on set-up and production of Drawings, Design and BIM/CAD Coordination. Review project scope and requirements with PM and Discipline Leads. Make recommendations regarding how to accommodate phasing and other special requirements.
- Interface daily with project teams to ensure production work is proceeding in accordance with CAD Standards.
- Perform Quality Reviews to check drawings to ensure CAD standard compliance and interdisciplinary coordination; title blocks, match lines, text size and weight, etc. Ensure all drawings are created and modified in accordance with SNC-Lavalin or client’s CAD Standards.
- Maintain document control via BIM 360, Procore, and/or other document control systems.
- Perform design tasks for various disciplines as assigned.
- Review Revit/CAD updates and service packs and inform users of changes.
- Perform creation of final drawing sheet submissions.
- Complete Quality Management Training and comply with the program upholding a commitment to a culture of quality in all aspects of work.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in how to efficiently setup and work in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Expertise in producing 2D Drawings from 3D Models.
- Experience producing deliverables for a consulting engineering firm.
- Understand paper space and model space.
- Understand how to use external reference files.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Sharepoint, FTP Sites
- Experience with AutoCAD Plant 3D, Navisworks, Dynamo and Inventor.
- Positive attitude with a relentless focus on improving the organization.