CAD Technician - Fixed Term
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Burnaby, BC and reports to the Senior Project Manager. It is responsible for generating drawings including site plans, cross sections, fence diagrams, and isometrics from project engineer sketches and/or notes and as required for various projects.
This is a 10 month fixed term position with the possibility of being extended.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Generating environmental assessment and remediation type drawings which may include site and utility location plans, PSI and DSI drawings, cross sections, contour plans and presentation type drawings from project engineer sketches and/ or notes as required for various projects
- Creating 3D surfaces, profiles, and volume calculations from LIDAR data
- Maintaining familiarity with available technologies (e.g., AutoCAD updates) and advise management of industry or other changes that may improve efficiencies or presentation of drawings or other visual renderings
What will you contribute?
- Drafting diploma or certificate in a related discipline, or equivalent education/training
- Post Secondary education in Environmental Science, Hydrogeology, Geography, or related discipline an asset
- Ideally 2-5 years of experience as a CAD Technician using AutoCad Civil 3D
- Experience using LIDAR data to generate surfaces, profiles, and volume calculations in an environmental industry is preferred
- Experience with field surveying concepts and techniques, GPS technology and Pathfinder software considered an asset
- Experience working in an environmental or natural resource firm is preferred
- Experience supporting, or completing; habitat mapping, environmental monitoring projects, slope stability analysis, air emissions analysis, hydrological, hydrogeological, or other environmental projects considered an asset
- Familiarity with sources of geo-spatial data in BC will be considered an asset
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary consulting environment
What we offer at SNC Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to our Environmental & Geosciences group? Apply now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com