CDM Health & Safety Consultant
CDM Health & Safety Consultant
In line with our growth strategy for 2021, Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, have an opportunity for several CDM and Health and Safety Consultant roles within our Bristol / Oxford / Cardiff / Wales / Exeter / Southampton / Swansea office. The opportunities are to be focused around furthering existing client relationships and driving growth and technical acumen in the current team, currently enjoying great success across multiple sectors within the region. We have ambitious growth plans across a number of different sectors, including:
- Major infrastructure projects
- Public sector
- Commercial property
- Assistant CDM / Health and Safety Consultant
- CDM / Health and Safety Consultant
- Senior CDM / Health and Safety Consultant
Skills and experience (dependant on role level):
- Experience of applying the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- Sound knowledge of safety in design
- Experience of delivering principal designer and CDM advisor services
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Client facing
- Sound understanding of the main Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to prepare/present emails and documents, demonstrating a good understanding of the written and spoken English language
- Competent report writing
- Flexible to travel across Faithful+Gould client locations
- A valid driving license is essential
Responsibilities may include (dependent on role level)
- Providing principal designer services on a range of different sized projects
- Providing CDM Advisory services to clients on a range of different sized projects
- Providing general health and safety consultancy services to clients
- Providing health and safety support as part of bids
- Supporting colleagues with health and safety expertise where required
- Supporting or writing bid documents
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of staff
- Developing existing and new clients as part of our ‘win work’ strategy
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's policies.
- Possess a NEBOSH National / Construction Certificate
- A member of APS, or working towards
- A member of IOSH, or working towards
- A relevant design or construction related qualification (preferred but not essential)
Successful applicants will have the following qualities:
- A Winning Attitude - you have a ‘can do’ attitude and carry out tasks with enthusiasm, paying attention to detail
- Customer Driven - you understand the importance of your role in the delivery of excellent customer service
- Ambassador for F+G - you take pride in your work and the work Faithful+Gould does
- Meet the Challenge - you proactively manage your own development, seeking out feedback on your performance and taking every learning opportunity
- Aware - you show an interest in how your contribution fits into the team and business unit priorities
- Delivers - you manage your own workload, priorities and routine tasks
- A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment by encouraging, supporting and respecting colleagues
- Engaging - you take the time to listen to instructions, are not afraid to ask questions to clarify your understanding, and convey information accurately and concisely
- Adaptable - you respond positively to, and are supportive of, changes to routine and new ways of working.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs