Chartered Building Surveyor - Bristol
Chartered Building Surveyor - Bristol
Atkins Infrastructure division have a vacancy in our Bristol office for a Chartered Building Surveyor to work in a multi-disciplinary environment to deliver a full suite of Building Surveying duties. We can offer extremely varied and interesting work with a number of high profile public and private sector clients.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team and has experience in managing client relationships and dealing with legal and technical issues.
As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone who possesses exemplary communication skills and has strong commercial awareness experience and who will provide a first-class service to our clients.
This position would be an excellent opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor with post qualification experience, to develop their career within a forward-thinking organization.
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors, managing and providing a range of building surveying / project management duties.
- Assisting with the development of new and repeat business across all sectors where possible.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a project by project basis.
- Supporting the senior managers in the day-to-day running of the business, you’ll also be involved with the following:
Project management and Contract Administration duties for larger projects.
Condition and measured surveys.
Designing and implementing small – medium sized projects.
Due diligence surveys.
- The use and application of standard forms of building contracts, such as JCT and NEC.
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Framework management – be able to manage teams and deliver commissions under framework agreements.
- Experience in sectors that includes: education, local authorities, health care, central government and infrastructure projects.
- Defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports and specifications.
- Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects.
- Delivery of both pre- and post- contract project management services.
- BSc (Hon's) Building Surveying RICS Accredited degree
- Full member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and/or CIOB with a minimum of three years PQE
- Examples of internal Security clearance preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate good all-round surveying experience.
- Experience of both pre and post contract project management responsibilities, and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients
- Good team working skills and ability to communicate well at all levels
- Prepared to travel as required.
- To liaise with senior colleagues to help build a profitable service and positive, high performing team environment.
- Strong IT skills, Word and Excel as a minimum. Candidates should be able to produce, edit and format documents.
- Experience of AutoCAD and Revit would be an advantage.
- An awareness of BIM systems.
- Ability to manage and develop team members including mentoring of APC graduates.
- Experience of managing clients and their expectations
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs