Chartered Building Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Building Design division are looking to appoint a Chartered Building Surveyor into our Bristol office to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and deliver a full suite of Building Surveying services. We offer a friendly and dynamic working environment, with the opportunity to work on extremely varied and interesting work with a number of high profile public and private sector clients.
This position is an excellent opportunity for Chartered Building Surveyor to join a global organisation where people matter. We are seeking candidates with ambition to progress and who enjoy working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for candidates to think laterally, be innovative, have excellent commercial awareness and who will provide a first-class service to our clients.
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors and providing a range of building surveying and project management services
- Chartered Building Surveyor: assist with the development of new and repeat business
- Manage client relationships and service delivery on a project-by-project basis.
Supporting Practice Management in the day-to-day running of the business, you’ll also be involved with the following:
- Project management and Contract Administration duties for larger projects.
- Condition and measured surveys.
- Designing and implementing small – medium sized projects.
- Due diligence surveys.
- The use and application of standard forms of building contracts, such as JCT and NEC.
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Experience of defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports and specifications.
- Mentoring and training more junior Building Surveyors as well as an active participation in the APC programme.
- Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects.
- Chartered Building Surveyor: RICS qualified.
- Ability to demonstrate good all-round building surveying experience and knowledge
- Preference for candidates to have experience of the Bristol / South West building surveying market
- Ability to contribute to the growth of Atkins by identifying and developing opportunities with new and existing clients
- Be effective with implementation ‘best practice’; efficient use of digital and other resources.
- Good team working skills and ability to communicate well
- A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required
- Strong IT skills as required to deliver the services required by our clients
- An understanding of BIM level 2
We offer a competitive salary. We also support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.”