Chartered Building Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
We are currently recruiting for a Chartered Building Surveyor for our Glasgow office. We are seeking an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first class service to our clients.
• A Winning Attitude - you focus on your goals, managing resources as applicable, whilst highlighting potential new or repeat business opportunities.
• Meet the Challenge - you always seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge is current. You assist/mentor colleagues with their development.
• A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment, helping to set the tone for colleagues. You help build relationships across teams and with clients.
• Customer Driven - you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
• Aware - you have an understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients.
• Engaging - you contribute concisely and effectively with clients and colleagues without using unnecessary jargon. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions. Ambassador for F+G - you take pride in your work and the work Faithful+Gould does and you share this with your colleagues and clients.
• Working across a number of projects in different sectors and being able to provide a range of building surveying duties.
• Acting a lead consultant for various refurbishment projects including briefing clients, feasibility studies, preparing specifications, co-ordinating consultants, budget cost advise, tendering and acting as Contract Administrator
• The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
• Preparing and submitting applications for Local Authority Planning and Building Warrant consents
• Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes across the central belt of Scotland and surrounding regions.
• Experience of defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports.
• Due Diligence surveys
• Dilapidations, including the preparation of schedules and negotiating settlements, recording schedules of condition
• Planned Maintenance Surveys
• Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects
• Measured surveys including the preparation of drawings in AutoCAD
• Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities
• A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS
• Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
• Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability, business development, and sound commercial awareness.
• Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents including bids
• Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
• Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done
• Meticulous nature and an eye for detail
• Desire to develop career within a Consultancy environment
• A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required
• Strong IT skills, Word, Excel and MS Project as minimum
• Good AutoCAD skills
• Ability to present well with good literacy and numeracy skills
• Experience of managing clients and their expectations
• Excellent communication skills and client facing experience
• Professional manner
• Ability to solve problems
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Commercially aware
• Builder of strong working relationships
• Self motivated
• Able to work alone and as part of a team
• Good report and letter writing skills
• Innovative and proactive.
Rewards and Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability