Chartered Building Surveyor / Senior Building Surveyor - Newcastle
Atkins Infrastructure division are looking to appoint a Chartered Building Surveyor / Senior Building Surveyor into our Newcastle office to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and deliver a full suite of Building Surveying duties. We can offer extremely varied and interesting work with a number of high-profile public and private sector clients.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, has strong commercial awareness and who will provide a first-class service to our clients.
This position would be an excellent opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor with post qualification experience to develop their career within a forward-thinking organisation.
• Working across a number of projects in different sectors and providing a range of building surveying / project management duties
• Assisting with the development of new and repeat business
• Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a project by project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
• Supporting Practice Management in the day-to-day running of the business, you’ll also be involved with the following:
• Project management and Contract Administration duties for larger projects.
• Condition and measured surveys.
• Designing and implementing small – medium sized projects.
• Due diligence surveys.
• The use and application of standard forms of building contracts, such as JCT and NEC.
• Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
• Experience of defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports and specifications.
• Mentoring and training more junior Building Surveyors as well as an active participation in the APC programme.
• Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects.
• A BSc (Hon's) Building Surveying RICS Accredited degree (or equivalent qualification)
• Ability to demonstrate good all-round surveying experience
• Desire to develop a career within a consultancy environment
• Good team working skills and ability to communicate well at all levels
• A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required
• Strong IT skills, Word and Excel as a minimum.
• Good AutoCAD skills as a minimum, experience of using Revit would be an advantage.
• An awareness of BIM systems
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage and develop team members
• Ability to present well with good literacy and numeracy skills
• Experience of managing clients and their expectations
• Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to
exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle upon Tyne