Chartered Landscape Architect - Bristol
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins' Architecture, Masterplanning and Landscape Practice are looking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic Chartered Landscape Architect in to our Bristol teams.
Our work includes a diverse and expanding portfolio of public realm, schools design and environmentally focused linear infrastructure schemes, including high profile private and public-sector city, development and infrastructure projects across the UK.
The roles would suit Chartered Landscape Architects with the knowledge and ability to deliver large scale projects through the planning system. An interest in and a proven track record of leading all aspects of work relating to landscape architecture including Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment is essential.
As a Senior / Associate Landscape Architect you will focus on all landscape opportunities across the markets of Cities, Development, Education, Commercial & Residential facing the Midlands, South West and Wales market but with wider involvement with the national practice where required. The role will also involve:
- Lead projects by providing design and technical leadership for major projects
- Liaise with key clients and be capable of discussing design/technical solutions to stakeholders including technical and non-technical clients
- Manage and inspire teams through strong and appropriate leadership
- Ensure design responses are pragmatic and respond to the client brief whilst respecting the opportunities and constraints that each site affords, through climate, context and culture.
- Continue to develop designs that are firmly rooted with a strong narrative and that seek to enhance our reputation
- Have a strategic vision of the market and industry and ability to focus our business to take full advantage of market conditions
- Preparation of bids and tenders
We are looking for someone to:
- Have a portfolio of clients or contacts in the market
- Be creative in their approach
- Be a Chartered Landscape Architect
- Have relevant experience and working knowledge of:
a) European Landscape Convention, UK legislation, planning and EIA process
b) Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment in accordance with the latest best practice guidance including GLVIA3, Highways England DMRB and relevant IANs, EA guidance etc
c) Landscape character assessment, environmental site appraisal, site planning, and environmental design
d) Environmental and Landscape Management Plans
e) Verified photomontage views and visualisations
- Have experience of managing project teams and mentoring less experienced team members
- Demonstrate a track record of client management and successfully winning work, including the preparation of project scope and fee proposals
- Strong interest in the development of and application of digital toolkits in LVIA etc, landscape characterisations, environmental and landscape management
- Competence in AutoCAD and be able to demonstrate the use of Adobe software packages. 3-D visualisation i.e. SketchUp an advantage
Please ensure that you provide either a link to your online portfolio or attach a portfolio of your work as part of your application submission in PDF format (size <10mb)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.