Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Our NY team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least 7 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor, we would like to connect with you! The QS provides quantity surveying services as required by each project including contract administration and negotiation, cost forecasting and estimates, procurement, quantity takeoffs, monitors project progress, pricing and benchmarking research and maintains the project documents and files in an organized manner. Analyzes status data and trends as required. Provides support to senior staff as directed. This is an exciting opportunity to engage with our premier client. Based in NJ with travel to NY. This is a full time, internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits.
- Work with proposal teams in the planning and execution of new business price proposals, cost narratives
- Perform and coordinate price proposal reviews before submittal to the client. May assist in job set-up, funds tracking and reporting to the client.
- Analyze and monitor subcontractor performance; evaluate service/product offerings and specifications.
- Work with client contract managers and procurement specialists to resolve contractual matters.
- Support project managers with contract budgeting.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and accessible in
- Provide advice on and interpretation of contract requirements.
- Ensure timely processing of technical reports and deliverables.
- Monitor scope creep and scope changes.
- Coordinate with program/project managers to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
- Prepares and issues periodic cost reports to senior technical staff.
- Reviews the cash flow prepared by junior technical staff and issues to senior technical staff.
- With minimal supervision, reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
- Reviews all invoices for the project and ensures that junior technical staff codes the invoices where applicable and forwards them to the client’s accounts payable department.
- With minimal supervision, provides procurement services for the client, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
- Attends cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- With minimal supervision, provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
- With minimal supervision, carries out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements.
- Tracks and analyzes the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts.
- Participates in the development and improvement of project controls systems. Recommends improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls and project management.
- Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of the bid review process to
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply.
Our Latest Articles