Chartered Senior/Associate Structural Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Building Design business are looking to appoint a Chartered Senior/Associate Structural Engineer for our team in London with a focus on business development in the commercial and residential sectors.
In addition to being technically capable, candidates should be good at client liaison and able to solve project challenges. We are, in particular, seeking candidates who demonstrate an interest and ability in building their network in London and who are seeking a role where they can help develop the presence and reputation of our business in the commercial and residential sectors.
- Lead the technical delivery of structural engineering services on multi-disciplinary projects
- Be client facing and able to solve project challenges
- Delivering multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program
- Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties
- Provide support and guidance to more junior members of the team
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities.
- Collaborate with our strategic work winning team and coordinate our client relationships in the commercial and residential markets.
- Lead the preparation of winning proposals and bids
- Disseminate key market information to our delivery teams to enhance the quality of the service we offer
- Managing Atkins’ client relationships for extended and repeat business opportunities
- Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE)
- Be a technically capable engineer, with established skills and delivery capability
- The ability to communicate well and develop client relationships.
- The ability to identify winning propositions that enhance our delivery
- A collaborative approach, that facilitates the sharing of knowledge with other work-winning and technical staff in the business
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given
- The ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Being a curious minded individual who enjoys collaboration and the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.