Chartered Senior Structural Engineer
Atkins Building Design business are looking to appoint a Chartered Senior Structural Engineer for our team in London who can also demonstrate good Project/Design Management skills that support us in the integration of our multi-disciplinary teams
In addition to being technical capable, candidates should be good at client liaison and able to solve project challenges. We are, in particular, seeking candidates who demonstrate an interest and ability in expanding their role beyond the delivery of structural engineering and who can apply themselves to the integration of multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Lead the technical delivery of structural engineering services on multi-disciplinary projects
- Be client facing and able to solve project challenges
- Integration and coordination of design teams. This is a responsibility into which we might expect the successful candidate to grow.
- Managing Atkins client relationships for extended and repeat business opportunities
- Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program
- Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties
- Contribute winning propositions to bids and generally enhance our work winning capability
- Provide support and guidance to more junior members of the team
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities
- Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE)
- Be a technically capable engineer, with established skills and delivery capability
- The ability to enhance the overall delivery of a multi-disciplinary team. This will include:
- The ability to focus a broad range of technical skills onto core client objectives
- Experience of actively managing clients and acting as the interface between them and technical teams.
- Ability to manage and work to budget and program, to control costs and manage change control processes
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given
- The ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Being a curious minded individual who enjoys collaboration and the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.