Our Minneapolis Team is team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global corporation and have Estimating experience we would like to connect with you. By utilizing industry experience to develop cost estimates reflective of market and project conditions, the successful candidate for this role will prepare cost estimates for large scope electrical projects and will also provide guidance to junior staff. This is an internal Faithful+Gould position that is full time with robust benefits. This role is based in our Minneapolis office and may require some travel to our client sites
• Oversees the direction of the cost estimating team in Minneapolis and collaborates with estimating leadership in other offices.
• Develops and implements the estimating business development plans and activities in line with corporate strategy.
• Develops proposals for new opportunities in accordance with commercial policies and guidelines
• Assigns and manages project staffing levels and workforce plans.
• Organizes, coordinates and manages required staff resources to complete estimate report deliverables.
• Acts as lead interface with client and related project team members.
• Manages projects in relation to Faithful+Gould fee structure.
• Provides guidance to all staff involved in a project.
• Monitors project financials and regularly updates project forecasts; identifies any potential issues to manager for review and action.
• Reviews deliverables for completeness and provides overall quality assurance check prior to issuance of report. Reviews benchmark information and provides global check of reports. Summarizes variances and identifies key estimate cost drivers for project team review.
• Leads estimate and budget reconciliation efforts with Owner and their project construction team.
• Provides support to leadership as necessary.
• COMPLEXITY (Variety or uniqueness of tasks; relative difficulty or importance of work performed; size of unit supported, etc.):
• Work is highly advanced, involving the solution of unusual technical problems, or involving management and coordination of usually large or complex projects, or unique management requirements and/or client needs.
• DECISION-MAKING (Supervision received; independent judgment or initiative; consequence of error):
• Supervision received is essentially administrative. Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
• WORK DIRECTION GIVEN TO OTHERS (Titles and number of personnel; type of direction given):
• Supervises senior technical and support staff.
• INTERNAL CONTACTS (Required interaction/relationship with others within the organization):
• Interfaces with senior technical staff, technical managers, and administrative staff and managers as necessary.
• EXTERNAL CONTACTS (Required interaction/relationship with others outside the organization):
• Maintains extensive contacts with and represents the organization to clients, prospective clients, key members of other organizations, and the general public. Maintains visibility within professional, civic and other organizations to promote the firm and elicit new business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, plus fifteen years relevant experience.
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must have strong skills in use of estimating and takeoff software. Knowledge of BIM technology is preferred.
• Requires knowledge of local construction market in area of operation including pricing conventions and trends.
• Requires ability to prepare conceptual cost model estimates from limited information using local historic cost information.
• Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Microsoft Office Suite..
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous timeoff benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highlyregarded tuition reimbursement program
• Vvaluable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles