Chief Technical Safety Consultant
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Oil & Gas is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as a Chief Technical Safety Consultant in Houston, TX.
- Under general direction, serves as a recognized technical specialist throughout the company, providing advice on the resolution of major technical problems of marked importance to the organization.
- Provides technical expertise on programs and projects with substantial fees, developing standards for diverse activities.
- Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Performs highly advanced engineering work, involving the solution of unprecedented technical problems that require major technological advances which may open the way for extensive related development, or involving management and coordination of usually large of complex projects, heavy regulatory agency involvement, or unique management requirements and/or client needs.
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering
- M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with fifteen years’ experience since Bachelor's or fourteen years’ since Master's.
- Typical incumbent has 20+ years of experience
- Strong persuasive ability, technical writing and communications skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
- May be eligible for project management training
- P.E. License is required
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.