Civil CAD Designer - Land Development
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV Civil Engineering Group as a Civil CAD Designer - Land Development.
Under supervision, provides competency in computer-assisted drafting to support the technical services of the company.
- Performs computer-aided drafting and design work of considerable complexity. Incumbents at this level are able to work from verbal or written specifications.
- Job duties include:
- Uses CAD system to enter the required data, such as precise measurements and commands, in order to generate construction drawings, renderings, report graphics and other digital images.
- Able to perform duties effectively in a “work share” environment between multiple offices involving multiple design disciplines over multiple time zones.
- Prepares layouts, drawings and designs from detailed sketches and/or drawings made by technicians, designers or technical professionals, converting paper documents into computerized files.
- Uses CAD to redesign, modify, or otherwise edit existing design.
- Makes minor mathematical calculations.
- Checks final drawing to verify completeness, clarity and accuracy of drawing.
- Operates plotter to transfer developed digital drawings to an appropriate medium.
- Adheres at all times to applicable CAD standards, requirements and procedures.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in related technical field.
- CAD training required.
- Generally requires minimum six years of related experience in a combination of technician and/or CAD technician or designer positions.
- May also require experience in the particular discipline supported.
- Strong knowledge of sat and local codes and ordinances, design inputs codes and standards.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications; good math skills and CAD skills preferred.
- Other required/preferred skills include:
- Land development experience required.
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience with civil engineering projects required.
- Ability to convert CAD files received from outside source(s) to in-house CAD standards required.
- Ability to use survey data points to create a digital terrain model (DTM) required.
- Ability to perform earthwork quantity takeoffs using Civil3D required.
- Ability to perform quantity takeoffs of civil improvements required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word, and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Good math skills required.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications preferred.
- ArcGIS and MicroStation experience preferred
- None required.
- None required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles