Civil Construction Co-ordinator
Civil Construction Co-ordinator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
The Civil Construction Coordinator will join the Power Services Inspection team in Toronto to perform both Construction Auditing in the field as well as Closeout construction phase activities in the office.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Site audits of electrical distribution construction projects (e.g. underground concrete/steel structures).
- Chair pre-construction meetings.
- On a daily basis, complete field audits and prepare daily site logs with photos of all activities:
- Review Constructor’s tailboard, JSA and verify safe work practices are followed
- Verify technical compliance and quality of construction i.e. built to Utility standards and work constructed as per IFC drawing specifications
- Track construction progress and work completed
- Mark-up IFC drawings for any field changes or deviations
- Verify construction activities adhere to Provincial and Municipal construction regulations (e.g. City of Toronto MCR & TS 4.60, MTO Book 7, O. Reg. 213/91, etc.); EUSA/IHSA rules, safe practice guides & procedures; and all applicable laws including OHSA and EPA
- Verify Constructor’s marked up drawings for O. Reg 22/04 and CSA-S250 compliance
- Evaluate and process Change Orders initiated by Constructors
- Witness critical tasks and maintain test records
- Identify and report any hazardous conditions observed.
- Issue Safety Non-Conformance reports for violations of safe work practices, plans and procedures or regulatory requirements, and monitor constructor’s corrective actions and preventative measures. Participate in Incident Investigation and reporting as necessary.
- Issue Quality Non-Conformance reports for deficiencies or non-adherence to design and standards.
- Verify monthly progress payments for work claimed completed by Constructors.
- Ensure quality of submission of change orders and appropriate review and authorization has been obtained (deviation of cost, scope or schedule) prior to acceptance.
- Perform final walk down to ensure scope of work is completed and ready for intended service and prepare a report of deficiencies if any.
- Review and verify constructor’s Project Close-Out documentation and deliverables. Provide input to project finalization report.
- Participate in post-construction meetings.
Project Closeout activities
- Audit Constructor’s final project deliverables to meet Client requirements prior to submitting the construction closeout package to Client.
- Coordinate with stakeholders regularly to ensure that all closeout procedures and timelines are being met.
- Review As-built drawings to ensure all work completed corresponds with the Constructor’s final billing (labour and material).
- Ensure O. Reg 22/04 and CSA-S250 compliance on all As-builts.
- Perform Material Variance Analysis for completed projects to ensure that all excess and unused material is being returned to the Client.
- Issue Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) for closeout submission errors or omissions.
- Review Constructor’s construction documentation to identify and follow up on any administrative or site related deficiencies for corrections.
- Complete Finalization Report for each project, perform variance analysis and gather lessons learned.
- Archive all project closeout documents in SNC-Lavalin’s project records.
- Provide weekly status updates on all projects in the closeout phase and expedite to help resolve outstanding issues.
- Attend post-construction meetings at the Client office when required.
- Identify any gaps in procedures and contribute to continuous improvements.
- Assist in review of Full Stream Cut Permit Applications as needed.
- Attend and participate in monthly Safety & Operations Meetings and weekly Toolbox discussions.
What will you contribute?
- Civil Engineering degree or graduate from a Civil Technician or Technologist program
- 1-5 years of experience
- Previous construction, utilities or field experience will be considered an asset
- Excellent ability to multi-task, coordinate, prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Superior verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills and familiar with MS Office Suite
- Positive attitude, responsible and takes initiative to complete all deliverables on time
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to solve problems with minimal supervision
- Valid G license and access to a working vehicle
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs