Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin, is looking for Civil Engineers to join the Infrastructure Engineering Practice, to be based principally in our Design and Advanced Technology (D&AT) team in our Birmingham office but with opportunities to work at our own and our Client locations elsewhere in the UK and overseas.
Our people are focused on our routes to market and driven to deliver for our clients, improve efficiencies, develop and exploit cutting edge technology, deliver safe and sustainable solutions, and develop our leaders of tomorrow. Working collaboratively, we pride ourselves on the safe delivery of technically excellent engineering solutions in the built environment, with the end users in mind, to both external and internal clients.
The Practice has an extensive portfolio of an interesting variety of residential, regeneration and commercial development projects together with support to projects in the Water and Highways sectors. This appointment will help strengthen our offering both to internal and external Clients by adding to the experience and capabilities of our existing teams and also provide an opportunity to broaden your technical development.
As a Civil Engineer you will be part of a team delivering development infrastructure for land development projects – including drainage, roads and earthworks for a range private and public sector clients. You will have strong technical and task management skills.
You will be responsible for:
- The production of infrastructure design packages
- Client contact for technical and design matters
- Technical management of junior project staff
- Providing support and integration to other Atkins design teams
- Undertake peer design reviews and checking
- Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in the conceptual and detailed design of development infrastructure – earthworks, roads and drainage
- Experience in the use of design software (Autodesk Civil 3D, Microdrainage)
- Experience of residential, commercial and land development
- Conversant with DMRB and Sewers for Adoption
- Experience of delivering S.38, S.104 and S.278 technical packages
- Experience in writing and reviewing Flood Risk Assessments
- Experience in developing SuDS and Drainage Strategies
- Good understanding of design procedures, Risk Assessments, change control, checking and review
- Site experience in delivery and oversight of construction schemes
- Familiarity working in a BIM and digitally progressive environment
- Experience of the requisition process and pumping station design
- Experience in ground modelling and re-profiling
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs