This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Infrastructure business is looking to appoint a Civil Engineer to support technical aspects of Civil Engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of heavy Civil Engineering projects.
Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Airports, Defence, Energy, Marine, Civil Infrastructure, Transportation, Water, Education, Commercial/ Residential and Rail in the UK and Abroad. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary capability and bring exciting opportunities to influence major projects from beginning to end. Our vision is to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, with a broad range of clients influencing policy and future technology.
This post will be based out of Bristol for the Civil Engineering and Advanced Technology department, where we have a growing team of Civil Engineers with involvement in major nuclear, defence and overseas initiatives. Our portfolio of work continues to grow and we have a number of major opportunities in the pipeline which offer exciting roles and responsibilities. The candidate will be required to initially work from a client site.
We will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply and gain knowledge, experience and problem solving skills as well as growing responsibility. As a Civil Engineer you would take ownership of certain aspects of a project and be responsible for managing certain project technical staff, reporting upwards to a number of Senior Engineers. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development and training for the right candidate. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
•Undertake a key role within the design team on major projects with a high Civil Engineering and heavy Structural Engineering content
•Design of industrial buildings and structures, hydraulic systems and road infrastructure
•Design of foundations and retaining structures
•Design of structures in a nuclear environment
•Design of seismically classified structures
•Determine and specify construction methods, materials, quality and safety standards and ensures that construction and maintenance comply with design specifications
•Delivery of tasks and assignments to programme, budget and quality
•Leadership of certain project aspects, delegating to and supervising our more junior engineers and technicians
•Assist in implementing our project BIM strategy including use of integrated design tools and data management systems
•Co-ordination of multiple discipline inputs (including health and safety, sustainability, environment, planning) to achieve integrated designs/solutions
•Contribute to Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015
•Technical execution of design, reports and technical queries with minimal supervision
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
- Working towards Chartered status as a Civil / Structural Engineer
- Demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment with particular emphasis on heavy Civil Engineering aspects.
- Up to date knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil Engineering
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment, act in best interest of team
- Ability to manage, motivate and delegate within a project delivery environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen and take instruction
- Confidence to work with Clients and build good relationships
- Proactively seek senior advice and counsel and willingness to take on board feedback
- Hands on BIM/Digital competency
- Proactive commitment to health and safety
- Valid driving licence
- Flexibility to work from client office, site, or possible overseas deployment for a duration up to and possibly exceeding 6 months
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.