Civil Engineer in Training, Airports and Aviation
Civil Engineer in Training, Airports and Aviation
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Drive Airside Civil Infrastructure design, studies and investigations.
- Collaborate in Airport Planning designs and concepts under the supervision of a senior airport planner.
- Interact with stakeholders and act as client interface.
- Support the project design and development in coordination with the lead airport designer.
- Review and participate in drafting project specifications, contract drawings, and other related documents.
- Participate in assisting clients with procurement.
- Participate in Field Engineering and Site Supervision during the Construction phase of various projects.
- Assure conformance to applicable standards.
- Support in elaboration of As-Built documentation and project close out.
- Participate in Post Mortem evaluation of projects Assure and monitor all communications between project stakeholders.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- Registration with PEO as an EIT
- A working knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D, Autocad, ArcGIS Navisworks and Storm and Sanitary softwares is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of civil engineering design principles and methods, field works, and of the applicable Engineering Department policies, practices, procedures and standards.
- Sound knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in the construction of civil infrastructure along with a basic understanding of Quality Assurance/Control methods and testing.
- Sound knowledge of storm drainage management and design principals
- Working knowledge of Contract Administration; the fundamentals of scheduling, budgeting and costing procedures.
- Ability to review designs for a variety of civil infrastructure; review drawings for general accuracy and conformance with applicable standards and specifications; and, monitor construction projects ensuring satisfactory completion.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally in English, and deal with co-workers, clients and contractors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to collect, analyze and/or synthesize technical, statistical, costing and related data and information.
- Ability to prepare, read and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents and related material and to provide information and assistance to drafting, surveying and other engineering inspection staff.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, reports, correspondence and various other materials related to the work.
- Valid Driver's License. Follow all applicable Safe Work Procedures, participate in Occupational Health & Safety training, meetings, report work place hazards.
- Work assignments often require working in a secured work environment (airside at airports) and may require safety and security clearances. At times, work may include out-of-town work assignments in other cities, towns, provinces, territories or countries.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy good compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs