Civil Engineer Intern
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Melbourne, FL Civil Engineering Group as a Civil Engineer Intern.
- Under supervision, performs a variety of tasks to assist project managers, engineers, drafters and other members the design team working on civil engineering projects. Coordinates and collaborates with other members of the design team. Assist the design team working on civil engineering design projects including storm-water management and storm sewer systems, land development, site layout, potable water and sanitary sewer system improvements, and roadway improvements.
- Gathers, logs and summarizes field notes or other data.
- Establishes and maintains records or files of technical data or documents.
- Performs mathematical calculations.
- Performs various routine AutoCadd assignments.
- Assists in the preparation of graphic displays and presentation materials.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Assist with design work, drafting, shop drawing review, plan reproduction, environmental permitting, report writing and admin tasks (ie fedex, eng report copies).
- Opportunities may exist for assisting the coastal engineering and airport planning groups depending on project staffing requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school level courses in math, technical drafting, computer assisted drafting and/or science may be required. No experience is generally required with the applicable high school courses or equivalent training, or if accepted into an
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree program in a related technical field.
- Must be able to use AutoCAD. Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, be motivated and responsible.
- Student Chapter ASCE, FES or other technical engineering society preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.