Civil Engineering Project Director
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Commercial, Community & Resorts Group in our Atlanta, GA office as a Civil Engineering Project Director.
The selected candidate will increase Atkins business’ private sector presence in the greater Atlanta market. As a seller/doer the selected candidate will lead multi-discipline design teams for a variety of project types with varied project delivery methods including P3, D/B, ILPD, and traditional delivery. The selected candidate will have demonstrated success in managing large multi-discipline projects and have strong leadership and people/client skills. Candidate will also have experience serving as a senior consultant, leading, managing and providing guidance of project analyses, preparing plans, and developing innovative solutions to project challenges. The preferred candidate will have experience and demonstrated success in working with private sector clients including Fortune 500 clients.
- Provide industry-leading knowledge and prominence to Atkins business’ projects and initiatives.
- Support clients to formulate innovative solutions to drive project success.
- Provide QA/QC functions and expert advice for complex projects.
- Identify and support business development activities and proposal development.
- Function as a project lead and mentor to project teams.
- Prepare project work plans, develop project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Direct project team compliance with contract terms, schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Monitor schedules, financial status of projects and quality control on projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This position requires a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience.
- The candidate considered for this position could have a background in a variety of engineering or planning backgrounds including civil, environmental, and planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability; strong project financial management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency
- Professional Engineer (PE) is required.
- Experience and demonstrated success in working with Fortune 500 clients a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting business development activities and defining new markets and services, strong existing client relationships a must.
- Experience supervising multidiscipline teams with staff of varying experience.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of project and client types.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles