Civil Engineering Sr. Project Manager (South Florida)
Civil Engineering Sr. Project Manager (South Florida)
Why join us?
We are Hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Public & Private Group in our Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, FL office as a Civil Engineering Sr. Project Manager reporting to our Senior Division Manager.
Projects typically involve high levels of regulatory agency involvement or very complex technical requirements. Projects might include construction management engagements, significant design-build or design-build-operate-maintain undertakings, major and unique structures, Airports, Seaports, and others.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
MARKETING AND CLIENT MAINTENANCE:
- Develops, implements, and monitors annual and strategic marketing plans for targeted projects; participates in the development of Strategic Plan.
- Actively pursues, investigates, and evaluates new or expanded opportunities for associated projects and services within the firm by maintaining contacts with current and prospective client decision makers; identifies and works toward the resolution of client relations problems.
- Reviews proposals and selects interview teams; reviews and recommends project marketing budgets subject to approval by senior management.
- Maintains visibility and professional courtesy by actively participating in civic and professional organizations and encourages project staff to do the same.
- Maintains regional/national prominence and recognition through published technical work and/or presentation of papers at national or regional technical conference.
CONTRACTS AND FINANCIAL:
- Conducts contract negotiations with clients and sub-consultants.
- Develops and recommends operational budgets for approval by senior management. Reviews and makes decision on proposed project budgets. Monitors monthly performance against budget to ensure project profitability
- Manages the project as a profit center; controls G&A costs; reviews and manages revenue stream.
- Approves purchase requests for capital items.
- Manages accounts receivables and client billings; reviews and makes decision concerning final write-offs and past due accounts receivables.
PROJECT PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT:
- Assists project staff in developing work plans; reviews and approves schedules, budgets, project milestone dates, and work products.
- Oversees financial performance of projects; assists project staff in identifying potential problems to ensure remedial actions are promptly taken to avoid financial losses and client dissatisfaction. Monitors and enforces compliance with established quality control standards, ensuring that appropriate quality assurance activities are being performed throughout the project. Reviews QC plans and periodic QA compliance audits.
- Assists assigned project staff in facilitating work sharing with other operating units.
- Secures resource support from other operating units. Establishes work sharing commitments and negotiates outsourcing budgets with technical managers.
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations with clients and subcontractors, and drafts very complex professional service agreements, arranging for their review and execution by senior management.
- Conducts QCAP reviews of less complicated professional services agreements
- Supports project team compliance with contract terms, monitors subcontractors' progress, performance and compliance with contractual commitments; participates in contract dispute resolution and litigation concerning project performance, administration and other liability issues; reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves payment disputes
- Develops, communicates and manages project quality assurance, administrative procedures, communication guidelines, project deliverable formats and specifications, and progress reporting requirements.
- Monitors schedules, billings and reports; ensures appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects; assists in obtaining payment from clients; resolves client disputes and adjusts billing records as required; communicates project progress/status to senior management and alerts them of project production, quality control or financial performance problems.
- Collaborates and helps to Identify new business opportunities for the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promotes firm's capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and in the preparation of firm's qualification/experience statements.
- Coordinates communications between internal and external associates and client, and between firm and regulatory agencies. Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements and serves as expert witness at project hearings and judicial proceedings if necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and Florida PE License is required.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; very strong financial management, team management, and leadership skills; ability to manage and coordinate efforts of various projects to produce budgeted profits and overall results.
- Possesses specific expertise to the extent that the individual is regarded as a regional or potentially national expert in a specific discipline, contract delivery method, particular type of project, planning process, design method, or modeling technique.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting business development activities and defining new markets and services, strong existing client relationships within the South Florida region is required.
- The candidate considered for this position must have a background in environmental/civil engineering and must have a background working at an engineering and design consulting firm supporting state agencies and local municipalities.
- Must be willing to travel periodically throughout the South Florida region for office/client visits.
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple projects.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on transformational design projects of various sizes focused on quality and sustainability
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs