Civil Project Coordinator/Processor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV Civil Engineering Group as a Civil Project Coordinator/Processor.
Provide assistance to technical professional or technical manager by coordinating or performing a variety of technical duties and familiarity with engineering or related project work, processing and tracking submittals, permits, projects, reports and correspondences with regulatory agencies and personnel at the local and state level.
- Performs work which involves diversified technical duties of a professional level, typically requiring specialized skills, experience, and/or academic training, in support of assigned projects.
- Maintains good knowledge and understanding of submittal requirements of each authority having jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Such AHJs include, but aren’t necessarily limited to, municipalities, utility companies, governmental agencies,improvement districts, etc.
- Prepares applications and submits packages of improvement plans, plats, reports, calculations and/or specifications to applicable AHJs for review and approval.
- Tracks submittal packages through the AHJ’s respective review and approval processes, and is up-to-date on the status of all submitted packages.
- Coordinates with clients for issuance of check(s) for review and/or permitting fees along with following up with AHJs on a regular basis to ensure timely receipt of review comments and/or approvals
- Completes and updates project schedules.
- Organizes and maintains file system, engineering and other records pertaining to the projects.
- May assist in production coordination, and/or in the planning, organization and documentation of projects.
- May assist in the preparation of fee proposals and scopes of work.
- May provide database support for projects, to include document control, project logs, etc.
- May provide technical writing support.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) plus six years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related administrative field plus four years related experience is required.
- Good technical writing, analytical ability and computer skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Job requires ability to process paper and electronic documents and use computer.
- Ability to travel to agencies, clients, etc., as necessary.
- Must have a good understanding of engineering terminology and deliverables.
- Must have good understanding of Authority Having Jurisdiction's respective submittal requirements and procedures.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment,
- Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles