Civil/ Senior Civil Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins are currently looking for Civil / Senior Civil Engineer, either Chartered or approaching Chartered Status, to join our Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology practice in Warrington.
Our Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology practice is inspired by Atkins vision to be the world's best infrastructure consultancy. Our people are driven to deliver for our clients, improve efficiencies, develop and exploit cutting edge technology, deliver safe and sustainable solutions, and develop our leaders of tomorrow. We pride ourselves on the safe delivery of technically excellent engineering solutions in the built environment. Our expertise covers the full array of activities through the life cycle associated with smart infrastructure, ranging from feasibility, planning, investigation, design and supervision of new assets through to assessment, measurement, repair and rehabilitation of existing assets.
Our Advanced Technology team excel in specialist skills such as Blast Resistant Design, Seismic Structures Engineering, Structural Dynamics, Heavy Civil Engineering, Power Station Infrastructure and Physical Security.
We have successfully provided these services for a wide variety of clients and prestigious projects in the Aviation, Commercial & Residential, Education, Mass Transit, Transport, Defence, Energy and Water markets in the UK and internationally.
Who we’re looking for:
• Chartered or approaching Chartered Status Engineers with a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related discipline;
• Extensive experience in seismic, blast, impact and other dynamic loads;
• Good written standard of English and oral communication abilities;
• Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions;
• Ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical and engineering skills;
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills;
• A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad;
The candidate would join a team of technically focused engineers who aim to provide innovative solutions to complex and challenging problems. Successful applicants will be comfortable working in a digitally collaborative environment and will be given opportunities to make real contributions to major engineering projects.
• Delivery of technically compliant design deliverables in accordance with the input requirements;
• Production of designs and calculations to demonstrate acceptable performance or identify design issues;
• Prepare project control documents and effectively manage project time and costs;
• Able to deliver a range of projects to completion, within cost budget and to programme;
• Build internal relationships and help identify business opportunities;
• Maintain and promote high personal standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality.
Please read these requirements carefully before applying and ensure they are evident on your CV if you have achieved them.
• Honours Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering;
• Chartered or Approaching Chartered Engineer Status;
• Experience of dynamic analysis techniques and analysis tools including advanced structural analysis software;
• Seismic analysis and design methods including static, equivalent-static & dynamic analysis methods;
• Expertise in the analysis of explosions and consideration of the loading and structural response in the analysis, structural engineering and design of facilities;
• Proven experience on providing analytical solutions using applicable design software;
• Have experience, and want to collaborate within a technically orientated team;
• Established skill and delivery in the design and analysis of concrete and steel structures, and be familiar with current design standards and working practices;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to manage and work to budget and programme, to control costs and manage change control processes;
• A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given;
• Experience of working with, and managing, small focused technical teams;
• Flexible approach to work location;
• You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative.
• Ideally be familiar with working to design codes and industry standards appropriate for a safety critical industry;
• Additional Security or Blast design qualifications or affiliations would be beneficial, such as a member of Register of Security Engineers and Specialists (RSES);
• Proven experience working across industry sectors including nuclear, petrochemical, defence and commercial;
• Structural assessment of pipework and mechanical plant assessment for extreme loads;
• Experience and understanding of American and British standards and guidelines for Explosive, Weapons effects and Counter Terrorism Measures would be beneficial
• You will have a proactive, co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients;
• A self-motivating, reliable and consistent approach to work is essential;
• Practically minded with a problem-solving nature;
• A flexible and adaptable approach to work is required;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Flexible approach to work location;
• High standards of work, delivering robustly within the Atkins Design Principles.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.