Civil Structural Designer/Drafter
Civil Structural Designer/Drafter
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Kirkland, WA. and reports to our Chief Civil Engineer of Power Generation. It is responsible for supporting or leading engineering project teams, with the development of foundation and structural plans & details.
As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, SNC-Lavalin designs, develops, and delivers engineering, including system planning and studies, procurement, and construction solutions for new and existing power generation facilities from our United States office locations.
The Civil/Structural Designer/Drafter is required to work within a multi-discipline team to develop efficient and reliable civil/structural design packages for power generation facilities. The incumbent will coordinate his/her design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Working with engineers to produce civil and structural design of power generation facilities including concrete, structural steel support structures, foundation design, and civil site development design.
- Provide design activities in accordance with applicable codes and standards, including SNC-Lavalin’s policies and procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new Software’s.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal groups that support projects.
- Strong client focus.
What will you contribute?
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Proficient in 3D modeling. Tekla Structures is the main structural tool for 3d modeling. SmartPlant 3D is a main component for multi discipline 3D model coordination.
- Civil 3D (not required but would be ideal).
- CloudWorx (not required but would be ideal).
- A high level of interpersonal communication skills, including a strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs