Civil / Structural Drafter
As the world around us changes, the way we power it also has to change. We’ve been one step ahead of these changes for over a century, evolving with the energy sector to ensure our clients who are powering the planet can do so as responsibly, sustainably and successfully as possible. We’re proud of our track record and are committed to being pioneers in the advancement of clean power.
The Civil/Structural Drafter will be responsible for the production of As-Built documentation related to all civil aspects of the powerhouse complex and other structures comprising the Muskrat Falls Generation facility.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
- Work with the existing drawings and the associated redline markups to create the as-builts of the civil construction drawings related to the Powerhouse layout, design drawings for concrete construction and for other civil structures on the project.
- Preparation of drawings in accordance with project standards.
In general, the Civil/Structural Drafter will work using the AutoCAD 2D and 3D software for creating as-builts of the Issued for Construction (IFC) drawings.
Planning and Organization
- Plan and deliver quality work on timely basis.
- Identify drafting needs for the project and coordinate the delivery.
- Production of drawings and sketches as required and as directed by Engineering Manager.
- As required, participate in site visits and inspections to maintain familiarity with construction and project needs.
- Ensure that the quality of deliverables produced is in accordance with project and corporate requirements.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Civil Technology diploma from a recognized educational institute
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the engineering consultant field;
- Experience with heavy civil / concrete construction;
- Proficient with 2D and 3D AutoCAD software;
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Self-starter, who identifies priority tasks, puts plans in place to complete, and delivers;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with a variety of personnel, and other industry participants, both internal and external;
- Thrives to be an active team player, but can effectively work independently;
- Proven skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and within time constraints;
- Ability to quickly assimilate new data, including highly technical information;
- Ability to use Microsoft applications such as word, excel, power point;
- Worksite will be Lower Churchill Project Office in St. John’s, NL;