Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Augusta, Maine and reports to the Engineering Manager. SNC-Lavalin has exciting full-time career opportunities for Civil/Structural Engineers to make their career in the area of transmission and high voltage substation design. Based out of our Augusta, ME office, our Civil/Structural Engineers are responsible for supporting or leading substation engineering project teams, with the development of foundation and structural plans & details.
The Civil/Structural Engineer is required to work within a multi-discipline team to develop efficient and reliable civil/structural design packages for high voltage substations. The incumbent will coordinate his/her design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion. The incumbent will also assist in site visits and station walkdowns, estimating, and attending project meetings. This position is accountable to provide design activities in accordance with applicable codes and standards, including SNC-Lavalin’s policies and procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Civil and structural design of electrical transmission facilities including substation support structures, foundations, site development and control buildings, and ancillary structures,
- Delivering accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications,
- Reviewing internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability,
- Preparing project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation,
- Resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects,
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to civil/structural design and construction, including all completion packages, as-built requirements and return data information,
- Making and maintaining appropriate commitments to project teams and coordinating design activities with multi-disciplined project team members,
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal groups that support projects such as Procurement, Drafting, Project Management, etc,
- Maintaining good working relationships with clients, material suppliers, contractors, and any others that affect the quality, schedule and cost of projects.
What will you contribute?
- A degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in civil and structural designs for electrical transmission and substation facilities.
- A Professional Engineer (PE) registration is preferred (or eligible for registration)
- A working knowledge of typical structural design software and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, MS Outlook.
- Knowledge of codes and standards such as IEEE and ANSI, including OH&S Regulations, NERC and FERC Regulations.
- Strong client focus
- A high level of interpersonal communication skills, including a strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment and provide project ownership
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.). or
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project Management Company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs