Civil / Structural Engineer
Civil / Structural Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, SNC-Lavalin Clean Power designs, develops, and delivers engineering solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects in North America and abroad.
SNC-Lavalin Clean Power has exciting full-time career opportunities for a Civil / Structural Engineer. Based out of our Vancouver office, our Civil / Structural Engineer work with our clients to design and deliver customized solutions for high-voltage transmission infrastructure.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Establish design criteria related to area of assignment, based upon specified contractual requirements and in line with good engineering practices.
- Perform the design and analysis of Civil works, structures, buildings and foundations.
- Prepare engineering calculations as required, and have them checked, approved and filed in line with the relevant quality system procedure.
- Prepare technical specifications for inclusion in bid documents and contract documents.
- Prepare proposals, feasibility studies, conceptual design, engineering estimates and schedules.
- Prepare studies or participate in study work.
What will you contribute?
- Professional Engineer registered with EGBC, or eligible for registration.
- A minimum of 15 years of civil / structural design experience for senior engineers and 5 - 8 years of civil / structural design experience for intermediate engineers.
- A recognized degree in Civil / Structural Engineering and experience in the analysis and design of T&D infrastructures, power plants and/or heavy industrial structures.
- Design experience in buildings, steel, concrete, masonry, civil and architectural works using Canadian and US design codes and standards.
- Working knowledge of architectural and plant site civil works design.
- Working knowledge of STAAD-Pro, S-Frame, S-Steel, SAP 2000, PCA design programs and MS Office.
- A strong technical capability and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs