Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Augusta, ME, and reports to our Engineering Manager. It is responsible for supporting or leading substation engineering project teams, with the development of foundation and structural plans & details. Working within a multi-discipline team to develop efficient and reliable civil/structural design packages for high voltage substations. The incumbent will coordinate his/her design activities to maintain project schedules, ensure successful project completion in site visits, station walkdowns, estimating, and attending project meetings. This position is accountable to provide design activities in accordance with applicable codes and standards, including SNC-Lavalin’s policies and procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Civil and structural design of electrical transmission facilities including substation support structures, foundations, site development and control buildings, and ancillary structures.
- Delivering accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications.
- Reviewing internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Preparing project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation.
- Resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to civil/structural design and construction including all completion packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Making and maintaining appropriate commitments to project teams and coordinating design activities with multi-disciplined project team members.
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal groups that support projects such as Procurement, Drafting, Project Management, etc.
- Maintaining good working relationships with clients, material suppliers, contractors, and any others that affect the quality, schedule and cost of projects.
What will you contribute?
- A degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in civil and structural designs for electrical transmission and substation facilities.
- A Professional Engineer (PE) registration is preferred (or eligible for registration).
- A working knowledge of typical structural design software and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, MS Outlook.
- Knowledge of codes and standards such as IEEE and ANSI, including OH&S Regulations, NERC and FERC Regulations.
- Strong client focus.
- A high level of interpersonal communication skills, including a strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment and provide project ownership.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs