Civil Structural Engineer
Working out of SNC-Lavalin's client office in Rochester or Binghamton, NY you will be part of a team that works on designing, developing and delivering engineering including; system planning and studies, procurement and construction solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects.
As a Civil Structural Engineer in SNC-Lavalin's Engineering Department and reporting to the Director of Engineering Services, you will coordinate your design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion.
What will be your contribution?
- Prepare or review and approve civil/structural engineering design of electric power substation (e.g. structures, towers, control house, duct banks, conduits, grading and drainage, access road, driveways, T&D lines, etc.).
- Prepare design basis memorandum, engineering notes, project scope/requirements and specifications for equipment and construction works.
- Validate and approve engineering calculations, design and construction methods, equipment and material selection, bill of material, project constructability, and schedule.
- Ensure conformity and completeness of civil/structural above ground/in ground engineering packages to be issued for construction against project requirements and specifications.
- Provide technical support and solving queries during construction, attending site meetings.
- Follow and comply with Quality Management System and standard operating procedures.
- Work autonomously without direct supervision, in a multi-disciplinary stakeholders’ environment.
What we are looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with proven track records in civil/structural design.
- P.E. licensed (or eligible for registration) preferred.
- Field or construction site experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of commonly used civil/structural engineering standards and codes (e.g. IBC, ACI, AISC, ASCE, etc.) and solid knowledge of the industry practices required.
- Working knowledge or use of commonly used civil/structural engineering software require including Staad Pro, Staad Foundation, Mat 3D, Foundation 3D, RISA 3D.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills required.