Civil Structural Engineer in Training (EIT)
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in the Winnipeg Office.
SNC-LAVALIN is one of the largest engineering-construction firms performing work in Canada and internationally and ranks among the top ten in the world. We provide high-quality engineering, procurement, construction, project management and project financing in various business sectors, and in the ownership, operation and maintenance of infrastructure. As SNC-LAVALIN positions itself for growth in the Manitoba marketplace.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Civil/Structural Engineer (Engineer-in-Training) will report to the Project Manager and Civil/Structural Department Head who will provide supervision for the Civil/Structural design work that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Detailed design, calculations and drawing preparation
- Input to specifications, engineering studies and reports associated with civil and structural work arising from various projects for our industrial client base.
- Applicants shall be willing to undertake site work and travel as required to fulfill project requirements.
- You will be working under the direct supervision of experienced senior engineers.
What will you contribute?
- Engineers will have a B.Sc. degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering from a recognized educational institution and will be eligible for registration with APEGM.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the following areas is preferred: building and equipment foundation design, reinforced concrete design and structural steel design for industrial plants, power facilities and civil works.
- Familiarity with the use of S-Frame software would be an asset.Designers will be graduates from a recognized college program or equivalent. Experience in the preparation of detail drawings for reinforced concrete, structural steel, or building envelopes is required. Candidates with knowledge of both AutoCad and Microstation software will be favoured.
- The position can be for either a junior and / or intermediate role.
- We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com