Class Society Coordinator
Class Society Coordinator
Why Join Us?
Classification Society Coordinator
SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
The Classification Society Coordinator (CSC) is responsible for coordinating support services for classification society activities associated with SNC-Lavalin’s Minor Warfare and Auxiliary Vessel (MWAV) contract. The CSC is the point of contact for all classification society related inquiries associated with the MWAV project and is required to be well-versed in classification society standards and requirements. The CSC coordinates activities associated with the surveys and inspections on a variety of different vessels. The CSC must be physically capable of working on ships and have no restrictions related to use of any personnel protection equipment or ability to access any space, including confined spaces, in support of the surveys.
How you will contribute to the team:
The CSC is responsible for ensuring efficient communication between the Department of National Defence (DND), DND’s Approved Classification Society, and SNC-Lavalin. The CSC:
- Maintains professional records of all activities and provides reports as required;
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date work schedules of surveys and associated support activities;
- Initiates and facilitates any required service provider support for surveys and inspections;
- Acts as a quality, environmental, health, and safety representative pertaining to the classification society surveys and support activities;
- Maintains communication and coordinates with Ship Maintenance Coordinators and other SNC-Lavalin organizations; and
- Maintains communication and coordinates with ship’s staff to facilitate required support activities.
What you will contribute:
The Classification Society Coordinator shall have strong communication skills, a minimum of five years experience in the maintenance of vessels at a supervisory level to commercial or military standard equivalent. The CSC must be a self-starter with strong decision-making skills, proficient in MS Word / Excel / Project, capable of obtaining a secret security clearance, and shall hold the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a three year technical certificate
- DOT Second class or better Marine Engineer certificate, or military equivalent (QL-5 level of military training);
- A valid and unrestricted Class 5 driver’s license.
The CSC must be capable of unrestricted work onboard RCN ships and other DND vessels, climbing vertical ladders, standing for extended periods of time, unrestricted use of PPE including fall arrest equipment and respirators, passing a respirator fit test, working in confined spaces, working at heights, and working in various environmental conditions for extended periods of time.
Local candidates preferred. Chosen candidate must be able to pass Reliability Clearance with the Department of National Defense.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs