Clerk of Works (Highways)
Clerk of Works (Highways)
Clerk of Works (Highways
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
The primary role is to undertake site inspections, data collection, assist in design & monitoring the Term Maintenance Contractor recording site activities for audit purposes. Liaising with Client, Utility Providers & Local Communities.
Based in the Highway Engineering Team in Trowbridge, the role will provide support to Engineers in the delivery of structures, highway improvements, carriageway improvements, footway resurfacing & vehicular restraint works on behalf of Wiltshire Council.
- Demonstrable experience & extensive knowledge of highway improvement operations, including understanding of related construction methods, site monitoring & contract documents.
- Experienced in monitoring contractors undertaking highway improvement operations and traffic management activities.
- Experience in site inspections and checking site measurements and creating site records, recording events during the construction process.
- Knowledge of quality, safety and environmental processes
- IT skills (e.g. MS Office).
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Full driving license
- Experience of Client and local stakeholder liaison.
- An understanding of contract documentation such as BoQ’s.
- Experience of collaborative working with Contractors.
- Experience of traffic signal installation (civil works), drainage and street lighting
- Have a working knowledge of New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991 and Traffic Management Act 2004 and Chapter 8 signing.
- Proactive, inclusive and collaborative attitude.
- Streetworks certification.
- Appropriate CSCS Card.
- Appropriate O and S series certification – Street Works Qualification Register (SWQR).
- Knowledge of NEC3 and NEC4 contractual procedures to manage change through supervisors instructions and early warnings.
- To assist Engineers in the delivery of multi -location highway improvement schemes from initial site inspections through to completion of construction works.
- To work as part of a collaborative team with the Client, Contractor and local communities.
- Acting as CoW during construction and pre and post works, liaising with all stakeholders from the client, public and contractors.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
Major Maintenance Design EngineerAre you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face o
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs