Client Director – Local Transport
Client Director – Local Transport
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
Transportation in Atkins is an organisation of 3,000 people and in excess of £300m annual turnover, delivering a wide portfolio of projects ranging from strategic advice through to major infrastructure schemes. Our local transport market represents £95m annual turnover and is highly diverse covering local transport authorities, Transport for London and associated work with central government.
Local Transport plays a vital role in the fabric of society and touches all of us in different ways. We’re continuously seeking to push the boundaries in leading the market and creating opportunities and value for our clients.
This is a relatively new role and a chance to shape the future and make your mark. The region encompasses the newly formed sub-national transport bodies, specifically England Economic Heartlands, as well as other Local Transport clients across the region and in London and the East of England. Existing Clients you will be responsible for across this region include Transport for London, Cambridgeshire and Oxfordshire.
The Atkins Local Transport Market has seen double digit growth over the last 5 years through strong collaboration with our clients. We’re continuously push boundaries to deliver sustainable value-add solutions for our clients. We’re investing in innovation and new technology and we want you to be at the forefront of giving us a leading edge for the future.
You’ll have the autonomy to shape and augment the service proposition for clients, influencing new and diverse solutions.
- A passion for health & safety and the drive for continuous development of our behavioural safety culture working across Atkins.
- Proven ability to drive double digit revenue growth and achieve enhanced margin
- Develop clear and articulate value propositions that truly embrace and solve our clients’ problems
- Build strong Key Account teams with laser focus on getting closer to our clients
- Development and delivery of a long-term market strategy that positions Atkins as the leading local transport provider in region and contribute to the wider UK agenda, allowing us to shape the future embracing technology, net zero and Intelligent Mobility.
- Development of key stakeholder relationships, building on existing relationships and creating new ones to maximise the opportunities for Atkins and support the re-shaping of the market. Expanding Atkins client base beyond traditional clients and contractors will be key.
- Drive growth in market share, identifying and engaging with new target clients, developing brand and reputation, stimulating the market with insights and innovation.
- Delivery of the financial and operational performance in line with the 5-year plan and annual P&L targets through the successful delivery of our portfolio of projects.
- Ensuring that client satisfaction with performance is high and at least in the upper quartile of client satisfaction measures.
- Building a strong profile across the Atkins group, proactively identifying and developing cross selling opportunities for the wider Group.
- Be an ambassador for the business; attending and speaking at relevant industry events, developing alliances and partnerships and leveraging opportunities to build greater awareness of Atkins.
- A leader with demonstrable experience of business development and project delivery management.
- A track record for driving health & safety culture and performance.
- Strong influencing skills negotiating skills that have led to demonstrable results.
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills.
- A proven track record of success through the delivery of business strategy and achievement of business goals and targets.
- Ability to understand and analyse the market potential and position Atkins as a leading partner.
- Whilst experience and knowledge of the UK local transport market is a distinct advantage, we’d be interested to hear from those with experience in other markets.
- A recognised and well networked profile in the UK transport sector would be advantageous.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs