Client Director – Public Sector Property
Client Director – Public Sector Property
“Atkins has an enviable track record in supporting both national and local public sector clients to manage their property portfolios in an efficient and sustainable manner, responding positively to consider the challenges of driving toward net zero and maximising social value.
We have an opportunity now to appoint a Client Director to focus on building sustainable growth within our public sector property portfolio. This role will focus on building further business within our existing client base as well as specifically targeting and capturing new clients and opportunities. We are flexible around role location although the nature of some of the client portfolio means that time will need to be spent in London and South East England when Covid-19 related restrictions allow in the future.
As Client Director you will drive our client engagement strategy across the region, maximising potential from our people and new technologies to deliver greater value to clients in our chosen sectors including commercial, residential, education and logistics. A key part of the role is building and sustaining long term relationships to yield significant benefits to both the clients and Atkins, by anticipating their future requirements and developing compelling value propositions through internal capability and external professional collaboration.
- Sustaining and developing relationships with existing and new clients
- Focused on Key Account Management and first class service provision in order to develop strong, long lasting relationships.
- Be the recognised client expert understanding in detail the client’s strategy, organisational design, key points of influence, culture, external drivers and their challenges, risks and opportunities.
- Lead the journey of developing a strategic partnership with the client, encouraging Atkins to contribute to the client’s success and developing a sustainable, long term relationship.
- Coordinate the Atkins resources that engage with the client. Create and coordinate a virtual team of client leads from other Divisions.
- Initiate a client stakeholder plan connecting up Atkins and the client at all relevant levels.
- Develop growth opportunities outside the current projects, and seeking cross selling opportunities.
- Be an ambassador for Atkins: attending and speaking at relevant events, hosting workshops and generally leveraging opportunities to build greater awareness of Atkins.
- Identify the client drivers and needs to prioritise proposition and service development, working closely with business development and marketing colleagues.
- Be accountable for the overall client experience working to position Atkins as a leading, innovative and responsive supplier.
- Identify addressable spend, driving growth in sales and margin across the Atkins portfolio of capabilities to win a greater share of client budgets.
- Extensive sales experience in local authority markets
- Able to demonstrate experience of building effective networks both internally and externally.
- Able to demonstrate experience of developing strategic relationships with clients and finding ways to add significant value to the client’s agenda.
- Entrepreneurial in deeply understanding client needs and identifying high margin service offerings to cater for their particular issues and needs.
- Track record of leading and winning major work opportunities.
- Strong presenting, negotiating and influencing skills.
- A pro-active decision maker with a confident yet diplomatic operating style - someone who deals easily with cultural diversity.
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has strategic judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- A resourceful, articulate and clear communicator who has the ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense - a natural team player.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully operating within a target driven environment.
- Able to access and influence at senior level with ease. Builds lasting and durable strategic partnerships with the client, adding significant Atkins value to their agenda.
- Naturally strategic, always looking for the next opportunity and testing the market for new ideas and propositions.
- Understands the importance of solid account planning, timely reporting and CRM administration.
- Curiosity to seek out and understand implications of industry change and opportunities this presents for Atkins to deliver new value propositions to our clients.
- Strong understanding of the Corporate responsibilities of a Local Authority, particularly with regards to Housing and Asset Management
- Knowledge of Arms Length Management Organisations and Development Arms within the Public Sector environment
- Able to lead/support the development of competitive tenders including a detailed understanding of the commercial position of the market”
What we offer
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to conventional full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you perform to the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving Chartership via relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package .
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Security, aerospace & defence
Atkins have ambitious growth plans in their Security, Intelligence and Government (SIG) market and are looking for Client Managers to join a dynamic team with a focus of diversification in its Central
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs