Client Manager – Central Government and Law Enforcement
Client Manager – Central Government and Law Enforcement
Atkins, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
Our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Business work with leading names to transform the future of aerospace and defence engineering whilst our security, intelligence and government teams are trusted by organisations to help them understand the threats they are facing and develop the strategies to counter them.
Atkins have ambitious growth plans in their Security, Intelligence and Government (SIG) market and are looking for Client Managers to join a dynamic team in its Central Government and Law Enforcement portfolio. This enthusiastic individual will shape and drive growth in their accounts. Working closely with the wider market account team and delivery teams they will be responsible for leading teams to win work, overseeing inflight work and supporting wider business growth through our people.
As a key member of the Sales and Marketing leadership team, the Client Manager role will be accountable to a Client Director (responsible for a portfolio of accounts). Each account has in year targets for revenue and sales which will be determined by the Client Director and wider team.
They will also have the opportunity to contribute to strategy and the wider development of the Atkins.
The three key responsibilities are:
- Win Work the client manger will lead on client relationships, opportunity creation and shaping, pipeline development, and strategic pursuits.
- Deliver Work, the client manager will oversee delivery within their assigned accounts, ensuring the appropriate resources are deployed and supported and that customer requirements are met and Atkins growth aspirations fulfilled.
- People focus, the client manager will inspire through leadership, demonstrate integrity and customer focus and contribute to a high performance environment. They will demonstrate sales and business development behaviours, engaging and involving teams in the wider business, helping them to develop their careers.
The Client Manager is a visible and active leader of Win Work activity and will spend most of their time with clients and client-facing teams to identify and create opportunities and building a pipeline. They will have a track record in business development in the Government sector (preferably with a working knowledge of Government frameworks), often in accounts with no existing business, but a track record of business or directly relevant capabilities.
The Client Manager may also bring a track record of delivery in relevant capabilities and accounts.
- Creating a high performing team that is client and sales focussed, creating and shaping opportunities with potential clients and driving the pursuit to a successful sale.
- Creating and developing Director and Deputy Director level relationships with customers, establishing a personable but delivery focused rapport.
- Forming a deep understanding of our clients and their business, such that we can move up the buy-sell hierarchy and become trusted partners to our clients.
- Horizon scanning to understand current and future trends.
- Drive customer focus in pursuit planning, colour reviews (eg black, pink, red, gold).
- Leading bid responses and developing attractive technical and commercial propositions
- Building a medium and long term pipeline.
- Prioritising personal and team sales activity.
- Using Miller Heiman and SPINN methodologies to plan and execute sales activity (training provided).
The Client Manager will have overall accountability for performance in their accounts. They will work closely with the relevant people to organise and manage delivery, while maintaining a visible presence with the customer.
- Working closely with delivery teams and overseeing assignments, monitoring delivery of won work, supporting the delivery team, creating a client focused culture.
- Monitoring and escalating risk and issues through the Client Director.
- Provide Management Information against KPI’s to the account team for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Working with senior delivery staff on strategic assignments, providing support and commercial direction as required.
- Hold delivery teams to account for delivery to the outcomes desired by our customers, ensuring that we create credibility, trust and repeat business through client and outcome focus.
Success at Atkins is delivered through creating collaborative teams that work to deliver compelling bids and outstanding projects for our clients. The Client Manager has responsibility to lead from the front in their account area and clients, fostering collaboration and an inclusive approach.
Key responsibilities include:
- Playing a full part in a high-performing sales driven account team, driving the delivery teams to focus on customer requirements and seek new opportunities.
- Communicating to staff and other key stakeholders to develop confidence and understanding in the account strategy and future potential, including as appropriate, our clients’ needs, challenges and opportunities, and Atkins client strategies, growth initiatives, pipeline, major opportunities and key client engagements.
- Engage with and care for the wider market team, and wider, contributing to their career development and creating an engaging and positive place to work.
- Demonstrate and exemplify Atkins culture and behaviours.
Why work for Atkins?
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience plus learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
Atkins recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
Diversity & Inclusion
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs