Client Manager – Central Government
Client Manager – Central Government
Atkins have ambitious growth plans in their Security, Intelligence and Government (SIG) market and are looking for Client Managers to join a dynamic team with a focus of diversification in its Central Government portfolio (including Cabinet Office, Department for Work and Pensions and Department Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy).
This enthusiastic individual will shape and drive growth in their accounts. Working closely with the wider market account team and delivery teams they will be responsible for leading teams to win work, overseeing inflight work and supporting wider business growth through our people.
As a key member of the Sales and Marketing leadership team, the Client Manager role will be accountable to a Client Director (responsible for the Central Government portfolio). Each account has in year targets for revenue and sales which will be determined by the Client Director and wider team.
They will also have the opportunity to contribute to strategy and the wider development of the Atkins.
The three key responsibilities are:
- Win Work the client manger will lead on client relationships, opportunity creation and shaping, pipeline development, and strategic pursuits.
- Deliver Work, the client manager will oversee delivery within their assigned accounts, ensuring the appropriate resources are deployed and supported and that customer requirements are met and Atkins growth aspirations fulfilled.
- People focus, the client manager will inspire through leadership, demonstrate integrity and customer focus and contribute to a high-performance environment. They will demonstrate sales and business development behaviours, engaging and involving teams in the wider business, helping them to develop their careers.
The Client Manager is a visible and active leader of Win Work activity and will spend most of their time with clients and client-facing teams to identify and create opportunities and building a pipeline.
They will have a track record in business development in the Government sector (with a working knowledge of Government frameworks such as Management Consultancy Framework, Digital Outcomes and G-Cloud), often in accounts with no existing business, but a track record of business or directly relevant consulting capabilities.
The Client Manager may also bring a track record of delivery in relevant consulting capabilities and accounts. Responsibilities include:
- Creating a high performing team that is client and sales focussed, creating and shaping opportunities with potential clients and driving the pursuit to a successful sale.
- Creating and developing Director and Deputy Director level relationships with customers, establishing a personable but delivery focused rapport.
- Forming a deep understanding of our clients and their business, such that we can move up the buy-sell hierarchy and become trusted partners to our clients.
- Horizon scanning to understand current and future trends.
- Drive customer focus in pursuit planning, colour reviews (eg black, pink, red, gold).
- Leading bid responses and developing attractive technical and commercial propositions.
- Building a medium- and long-term pipeline.
- Prioritising personal and team sales activity.
- Using Miller Heiman and SPINN methodologies to plan and execute sales activity (training provided).
The Client Manager will have overall accountability for performance in their accounts. They will work closely with the relevant people to organise and manage delivery, while maintaining a visible presence with the customer. Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with delivery teams and overseeing assignments, monitoring delivery of won work, supporting the delivery team, creating a client focused culture.
- Monitoring and escalating risk and issues through the Client Director.
- Provide Management Information against KPI’s to the account team for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Working with senior delivery staff on strategic assignments, providing support and commercial direction as required.
- Hold delivery teams to account for delivery to the outcomes desired by our customers, ensuring that we create credibility, trust and repeat business through client and outcome focus.
Success at Atkins is delivered through creating collaborative teams that work to deliver compelling bids and outstanding projects for our clients. The Client Manager has responsibility to lead from the front in their account area and clients, fostering collaboration and an inclusive approach. Key responsibilities include:
- Playing a full part in a high-performing sales driven account team, driving the delivery teams to focus on customer requirements and seek new opportunities.
- Communicating to staff and other key stakeholders to develop confidence and understanding in the account strategy and future potential, including as appropriate, our clients’ needs, challenges and opportunities, and Atkins client strategies, growth initiatives, pipeline, major opportunities and key client engagements.
- Engage with and care for the wider market team, and wider, contributing to their career development and creating an engaging and positive place to work.
- Demonstrate and exemplify Atkins culture and behaviours.
- This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
Security, aerospace & defence
Atkins, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.Our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Business wo
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs