Client Manager– Land and Maritime (Defence)
Client Manager– Land and Maritime (Defence)
Atkins, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
Our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Business work with leading names to transform the future of aerospace and defence engineering whilst our security, intelligence and government teams are trusted by organisations to help them understand the threats they are facing and develop the strategies to counter them.
Atkins have ambitious plans in their Aerospace and Defence market and are looking for a Client Manager to join a dynamic team in its Ministry of Defence account. This enthusiastic individual will shape and drive growth in their accounts area. Working closely with the wider market and delivery teams they will be responsible for leading teams to win work and supporting wider business growth through our people.
As a key member of the account leadership team, the Client Manager will be accountable to a Client Director. Able to engage clients and competitors, strategic partners and supply chains, the Client Manager will bring significant collaborative and leadership capability alongside their drive, optimism and innate “will to succeed”.
The Client Manager is a visible and active leader of Win Work activity and will spend most of their time with clients and client-facing teams to identify and create opportunities and building a pipeline.
- Creating a high performing team that is client and sales focussed, creating and shaping opportunities with potential clients and driving the pursuit to a successful sale.
- Creating and developing relationships with customers, establishing a personable but delivery focused rapport.
- Forming a deep understanding of our clients and their business, such that we can move up the buy-sell hierarchy and become trusted partners to our clients.
- Horizon scanning to understand current and future trends.
- Leading bid responses and developing attractive technical and commercial propositions
- Building a medium and long term pipeline.
- Prioritising personal and team sales activity.
- Using Miller Heiman and SPINN methodologies to plan and execute sales activity (training provided).
Success at Atkins is delivered through creating collaborative teams that work to deliver compelling bids and outstanding projects for our clients. The Client Manager has responsibility to lead from the front in their account area and clients, fostering collaboration and an inclusive approach.
Key responsibilities include:
- Playing a full part in a high-performing sales driven account team, driving the delivery teams to focus on customer requirements and seek new opportunities.
- Communicating to staff and other key stakeholders to develop confidence and understanding in the account strategy and future potential, including as appropriate, our clients’ needs, challenges and opportunities, and Atkins client strategies, growth initiatives, pipeline, major opportunities and key client engagements.
- Engage with and care for the wider market team, and wider, contributing to their career development and creating an engaging and positive place to work.
- Demonstrate and exemplify Atkins culture and behaviours.
What Can You Bring
- You will have a track record in business development in the Defence market or undertaken military service within the DE&S environment.
- You may also bring a track record of delivery in relevant capabilities and accounts.
- Strong collaborative skills and behaviours.
- Proven relationship building and influencing skills.
- Client centric solution development.
- You will be a collaborative operator, you will be able to align groups of Atkins and partner stakeholders behind your plans and support and enable them
- A pro-active decision maker with a confident yet diplomatic operating style.
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of profitable £m+ deals.
- Experience operating in the defence market.
- Land or maritime domain experience.
- Engineering Service delivery.
- System safety knowledge.
Why Work for Atkins
Our ADS&T teams provide independent and objective advice in mission-critical sectors. Join us to make a direct difference in helping our country to achieve its security and defence goals. From advisory, conceptual design and acquisition, through transformation, manufacture, certification and in-service support. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in the industry.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. So, you'll be part of a culture that wants to see more women in senior roles. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
Diversity & Inclusion
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
Security, aerospace & defence
Atkins have ambitious growth plans in their Security, Intelligence and Government (SIG) market and are looking for Client Managers to join a dynamic team with a focus of diversification in its Central
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs