Co-ordinator, Internal Communications (Contract)
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world.
The Communications Co-ordinator is an essential part of Communications support to SNC-Lavalin’s Nuclear Canada team. The successful candidate will be part of a small team of Communications professionals who develop and implement effective internal and external communication programs and strategies for the business unit. The Communications Co-ordinator will support employee engagement initiatives, and both internal and external events.
The candidate’s primary focus will be to administer the technical functions of our intranet and other electronic communications. The Communications Co-ordinator will assist with contributions to smooth day-to-day business operations by ensuring information for employees is posted as quickly as reasonable. This ensures employees are aware of the company’s vision, values and strategic plans, as well as how their actions fit into the larger picture. The Communications Co-ordinator will be part of the team that drafts content for these tools.
The Communications Co-ordinator may draft plans and support content development for events, (e.g., employee town halls, trade show participation). Liaising with the Marketing & Business Development team, the Communications Co-ordinator will provide logistics support for major conferences and may participate at local events.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Write, edit, post articles for the Nuclear Canada/US Commercial team on the intranet
- Support Communications Advisor in planning events, both internal and external
- Draft and illustrate crisp, effective PowerPoint presentations for BD purposes
- Act as brand steward, upholding brand and trademark standards and consistency in all projects
- Route materials for review and approval
- Manage image library including curating existing content and cataloguing new images for internal and external use
- Liaise, as appropriate, and participate in meetings with the broader Canada Communications team
- Assist in providing reporting/metrics on a monthly and quarterly basis
What will you contribute?
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a University degree or post-graduate certificate in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English; familiarity with the Canadian nuclear industry is an asset.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, as well as knowledge of software such as MS Office Suite and Adobe Suite; Experience with Asana and HTML is an asset
- Superior attention to detail; ability to easily adapt to style guide of the company
- Project management experience including working to scope, milestones and deliverables on a regular basis; ability to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and innovation
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and sound judgement
- Superior tact and diplomacy
- An ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Videography capabilities would be an asset
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com