The Business Unit at SNC-Lavalin is looking for an individual who will excel in the role of Commercial Analyst.
Reporting to Vice President, Commercial and Contracts this role is a growth opportunity for an individual with strong interpersonal skills and sound business acumen who is motivated to advance and increase their contribution to the Contracts and Commercial team.
The primary focus of the role is to provide management services for staff assignment conditions negotiated between the Company and the collective bargaining unit for its employees.
The role also involves collaborating with internal and external stakeholders in the development of commercial opportunities, the review and preparation of proposals and in the administration of major projects and strategic planning.
The role requires access to confidential information to support medium and long term financial analysis and planning.
- As a process owner for assignment conditions:
- Lead, monitor (include cost impact), report, and control the assignment conditions process for employees represented by the Society of Professional Engineers and Associates (SPEA).
- Collaborate with human resources, projects, finance, and other functional teams to prepare and review domestic and international assignment conditions and provide training to various stakeholders on the application of the conditions.
- Interface with employees to address any questions on the interpretation of assignment conditions.
- Collaborates with proposal teams in the preparation and review of proposals and in review and negotiation of commercial contracts, subcontracts and other agreements.
- Identifies and analyzes potential commercial risks and liabilities and mitigation strategies associated with proposals and contracts.
- Interfaces with internal stakeholders as required including technical, risk assessment, legal, cost estimating, and finance functions.
- Participates in medium and long term strategic analysis and planning.
- Provides commercial support in contract management and in the resolution and mitigation of claims.
- Requires access to confidential financial and contractual information support of role (including labour and other cost data, profit projections, past contracts and medium to long term strategic planning data).
- Supports collaboration with external domestic and international stakeholders including clients, partners, subcontractors and government agencies.
- Perform other related functions as required by management.
- University undergraduate or graduate degree.
- A minimum of two years of related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with clients at all levels of the organization and influence decisions.
- Collaborative team player with demonstrated professional and emotional maturity and judgment to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy, tact and high ethical standards;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and tight timelines.
- Attention to detail.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs